Incorrect username or password

13 years 5 months ago #146543 by photosphere
Incorrect username or password was created by photosphere
Hello,
I installed CB 1.2.3 with Joomla 1.5.20 on a site with 125 users.
Using the CBLogin module gives the message "Incorrect username or password..." and existing users cannot login, although the admin can login.
Using the Joomla standard login module works fine.
If I manually re-enter a new password for a user then CB will allow login. I have run all CB tools with no errors. I understand I must use the CBLogin module. Can you offer any help?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Incorrect username or password
Were your users existing before installing CB or did they exist after CB? Have you ran synchronization within CB Tools?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146561 by photosphere
Replied by photosphere on topic Re:Incorrect username or password
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. The users existed before installing CB. I did run the CB Synchronize tool and everything sync'd OK with no errors.

13 years 5 months ago #146562 by krileon
photosphere wrote:

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. The users existed before installing CB. I did run the CB Synchronize tool and everything sync'd OK with no errors.

When viewing your database in the _users database table do your users have a password or is the field blanked? How have you configured the login type within CB configuration on the General tab? Not sure why the password would mismatch. It uses Joomlas API to perform the login and validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146563 by photosphere
Replied by photosphere on topic Re:Incorrect username or password
The "Login field type" in the CB General tab is set to "Username" and all users have passwords in the _users table.

13 years 5 months ago #146564 by krileon
photosphere wrote:

The "Login field type" in the CB General tab is set to "Username" and all users have passwords in the _users table.

Am assuming new users sense installation of CB can login fine? Did you migrate from Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5.x? You mentioned 1.5.20, the latest is 1.5.22; could you please upgrade and confirm if issue still present? After upgrading if issue persists, please PM backend login credentials and will take a look (will also need a frontend user that can not login).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn