Memory Exhausted error

12 years 5 months ago #182365 by chawbs
Memory Exhausted error was created by chawbs
Hi Community
I am relatively new at using CB so have a lot to learn still... I am setting up a site which includes:
Joomla 1.7.2 on Ubuntu 10.4
PHP 5.3.2
MySQL 5.1.41
Apache 2.2.14
CB 1.7 upgraded to CB 1.7.1

Since upgrading I am able to view com_profiler page and most of tools page, everything else gives me 500 error which I traced back to memory exhausted after checking logs/switching on debug etc.
I changed php.ini to serve up 256Mb (even 512Mb) instead of 128Mb but that has not helped. The error is reported as happening in .../com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 449.
Inside "get_group_parent_ids" function, inside (checkJversion() >= 2) logic...
Can anyone give me suggestions as to where to add more debugging to find out why it seems to dig a very big hole for itself?
Regards

-DJ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182376 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Memory Exhausted error
read FAQ articles and Tutorials in the Support section

12 years 5 months ago #182380 by chawbs
Replied by chawbs on topic Re: Memory Exhausted error
Are you suggesting that a basic CB installation will require more than 1Gb of memory for PHP process???
I have changed the PHP settings as stated in my OP, including restarting/reloading apache to make sure it takes effect, even tried changing to 1G and it still falls over - feels very much like a loop somewhere and I don't know where to start checking in the code. I was hoping for some kind comments as to what the ACL does when it is looking up details at this point in the code...
I have defined approx 10 groups most of which were still empty as my userbase on the site is only 3...

12 years 5 months ago #182389 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Memory Exhausted error

chawbs wrote: Are you suggesting that a basic CB installation will require more than 1Gb of memory for PHP process???

No, I did not suggest this anywhere.

Things I do not know (because you haven't shared them): What is the exact error message you are seeing?

I have changed the PHP settings as stated in my OP, including restarting/reloading apache to make sure it takes effect, even tried changing to 1G and it still falls over - feels very much like a loop somewhere and I don't know where to start checking in the code. I was hoping for some kind comments as to what the ACL does when it is looking up details at this point in the code...
I have defined approx 10 groups most of which were still empty as my userbase on the site is only 3...

The reason I referred you to the FAQ and Tutorial section is that in most cases PHP settings you feel are valid are not in fact used.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18200-checking-your-php-memory

but stating your exact error message would help.

12 years 5 months ago #182408 by chawbs
Thanks for your patience - Sorry for being short but it's been a long day that is going to continue growing longer for the rest of this week :-P

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in ..../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 449, referer: http://xxxx/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler

with the appropriate size changing according to whatever I set in php.ini.

I have gone back to my standard 128M

I tried removing the module, removing all xxx_comprofiler_xxx tables and re-installing but got the same error again

I have had the exact same setup on a virtual machine - same versions of everything installed (well, as close as I can get) which worked fine.

I will remove again and try install previous version to see if that makes a difference...

12 years 5 months ago #182409 by chawbs
Ok, went back to 1.7.0 and could get into the configuration, tools, plugin management, list management tabs but not the User/Tab/Field management tabs.

Each gives the same error as above, same line etc.

Also just noticed "sh: convert: not found" in the apache2 error.log file too... I presume that is something to do with someone trying to use imagemagick..??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn