I am getting NO E-mail notification ...

12 years 5 months ago #184206 by imjlr1
I am getting NO E-mail notification when people Register I asked Nick A, for an answer, but all he would do is answer an unanswered Question I posted 2 months ago, which was not the Answer to the Question I had Yesterday. And STILL HAVE TODAY.

I am Still not getting notification when people register, and Nick A. wrote back 3 different time, NEVER Actually Answering My Question, he just referred me to my OLD POST WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM, I actually figured that one out MYSELF 2 MONTHS AGO, and with 50 views no one else even tried to answer it until yesterday when Nick A. answered it yesterday, without answering today's Question.

So Can ANYBODY HELP with the Problem I am having TODAY? I will tell you again like I told Nick A 3 times yesterday. Yeah I know you would think the people who work for CB would want the People who use their product to be HAPPY, but yet Here I am asking for help.Can you tell me why I am not being Notified when people register? Oh Yeah I did not organically download 1.7.1, if that makes a difference. Oh and it worked just fine before I updated to 1.7.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184240 by nant
Hi and thank you for your second post on these forums.

Since my name was mention along with incorrect facts, for those reading here are my facts:

- On 2011-11-30 I received an email from imjlt1 requesting assistance. I immediately responded urging user to post to forums (this is how I respond to dozen daily messages I get like this as I cannot provide private support to thousands of users).

- Received email response from same user that he had tried the forum before and no one helped him. So I found his single forum post here and replied to it so others can see solution. These forum areas are community driven and if someone knows the answer then posting it would really help everyone reading. If the original poster finds the answer on his own, then a solution followup post for others reading would also be a nice community courtesy for others reading and searching.

<end of my version>

I am getting NO E-mail notification when people Register I asked Nick A, for an answer, but all he would do is answer an unanswered Question I posted 2 months ago, which was not the Answer to the Question I had Yesterday. And STILL HAVE TODAY.

I asked you to post your question to forums (which you did today - thank you).

Followup questions that could help you with this issue:

1. Does emailing work at all on your website? For example can you send email using Joomla mass email? If you cannot then you need to address that first.

2. CB new user notifications are sent to CB Moderators that have their "Receive Moderator Emails:" contact info parameter (CB User Manager backend) set to Yes. So a user will be notified when a new user is created only if he is in a CB Moderation group (see CB Configuration -> Moderation tab) and he has the previous parameter set to Yes.

3. If your emailing works (point 1) and point 2 is also properly configured and such a CB moderator is not receiving a notification email, then perhaps you have a bad/incomplete language file (the notification message is a language string). An empty notification message language string will result in no email being sent.

Oh Yeah I did not organically download 1.7.1, if that makes a difference. Oh and it worked just fine before I updated to 1.7.1

This is weird, what version did you upgrade from?
What version of Joomla are you using?

12 years 4 months ago #184320 by imjlr1
Replied by imjlr1 on topic Re: I am getting NO E-mail notification ...
Thank You Nick A.... That is all I was asking for. I originally installed CB 1.7
and it was working fine. So yesterday I re-installed CB 1.7.1 and went through my setting, and it is now sending me 2 alerts when people register, That is way better then none.

Again Thank You, I do understand you probably get thousands of questions sent to you, but as I'm sure you know, most people are NOT programmers and a little assistance is sometimes needed. I do understand you have a for pay service, but I would think that service is for more complicated problems, and the simple stuff you'd want everybody to understand and would be more approachable to us. I DO LIKE Community Builder, so please make it easier for us to get Simple Help :o) Have a Great Day ! ! !

12 years 4 months ago #184331 by nant

imjlr1 wrote: Thank You Nick A.... That is all I was asking for. I originally installed CB 1.7
and it was working fine. So yesterday I re-installed CB 1.7.1 and went through my setting, and it is now sending me 2 alerts when people register, That is way better then none.

PLEASE post for others reading what the issue was and you went from no emails to 2 emails.

Also, please post versions of both emails as perhaps they are not both originating from CB.

Again Thank You, I do understand you probably get thousands of questions sent to you, but as I'm sure you know, most people are NOT programmers and a little assistance is sometimes needed. I do understand you have a for pay service, but I would think that service is for more complicated problems, and the simple stuff you'd want everybody to understand and would be more approachable to us. I DO LIKE Community Builder, so please make it easier for us to get Simple Help :o) Have a Great Day ! ! !

You are welcome.
Glad you like CB - hopefully you will find a way to give back to keep CB going.

Giving back could be as simple as just posting followup messages when you find a solution to an issue you have posted or just helping out other community members up to becoming a paid member or donating.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn