Can I change the joomla/CB user_id's?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166958 by NicoFaaij
Can I change the joomla/CB user_id's? was created by NicoFaaij
Hello,

I am migrating a lot of users to a totally new community builder website (using CB Juice). Now all users got a new Joomla and CB id and user_id. I need to give them back the old user-id from the old system (for several reassons, I really need it, people are know by the numbers etc.).

Is that possible and what is the best way? I don't want to mess-up the site. Are these numbers only in the jos_comprofiler and jos_users and can I just change them over there to the old numbers? I am afraid that the user-id and/or id field is also used somewhere else and my website will crash.

Thanks in advance,
Nico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can I change the joomla/CB user_id's?
You can not change a users ID. There's no GUI to provide such functionality and the ID goes as deep as the ACL. Changing the ID of a user would likely result in the user failing to work. I suppose you could try within the _comprofiler (id AND user_id) and _users (id) table the running synchronization.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #168575 by NicoFaaij
Replied by NicoFaaij on topic Re: Can I change the joomla/CB user_id's?
Hi krileon,

I am still busy with mij transfer of users to a total new site. And searching a way out to keep user-id the same.

First I gave up because you have a goeroe status for me. But I took a deeper look and think it's very simple to do that. Just export and import the jos_comprofiler and jos_users seems to do the job. After that I created for every id a record with value 2 in the jos_user_usergroup_map. I run all CB db tools and everything was okay. Also during test I found nothing strange. So do you think this way is still risky? Am I forgetting something? I looked in al my other tables but found nothing else that looks related to individual users.

Kind regards,
Nico

12 years 9 months ago #168586 by nant
I believe that the aro tables in Joomla 1.5 (at least) are also affected.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168593 by NicoFaaij
Replied by NicoFaaij on topic Re: Can I change the joomla/CB user_id's?
Hi Nant,

Thank you very much for your answer as I believe you are Mr. CB-himself. Your answer gives me a lot of confidence that I am on the right tack.

I had seen the aro tables in my Joomla 1.5 DB but don't think you have to migrate them when you go to Joomla1.6.

The functionality from jos_core_acl_aro from Joomla 1.5 seems to me to been taken over by the much simpeler jos_user_usergroup_map in Joomla 1.6 which has only the 2 values user_id and group_id

Group_id:
1= Public
2=Registered
3=Author
4=Editor
5=Publisher
6=Manager
7=Administrator
8=Super Users
So, you have to create for all CB users a record with his user_id with the value 2 as all CB-users are Registered users.

You can consider also import jos_sessions which have all the number of hits info etc. about the users but if you don’t use that, like me, you can skip that import to keep the DB clean.

This all is beside additional plugins like newsletters etc. (which I doubt JBjuice2 will take care for) that can also have user-id’s stored in they own tables.

NOTE: If you doesn’t mind that all users get a new user_id you should of course use CBJuice2 as that is cleaner and give some nice extra options. But in my case every user has told all his relations to donate money on his user_id number and the backend bookkeeping is totally automated. If I should use CBJuice2 another user wil get the user_id number from somebody else and people think they donate person A but then person B is getting the money on his charity funds raising target.

I will give it a try. No guts, no glory ;-) If you plan to do the same, give me a call in about 5 weeks and I can tell you how it went.

Have a nice CB-day,
Nico

12 years 9 months ago #168597 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn