[#6390] Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289191 by notyooagain
Hi
Have just updated to CB2.1 and have now an issue with the username field not accepting input. The message is "This input value is not authorized."
I reinstalled my last backup prior to updating to 2.1 on my localhost computer and the issue is not there and then updated to 2.1 and the issue is there.
Need help urgently as no one can register now on my site.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update
Works fine here on registration and profile edit. Edit your username field within CB > Field Management then under Parameters > Validation ensure your validation rules are valid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289220 by davidmarshall15
Replied by davidmarshall15 on topic Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update
I had this issue after upgrading to 2.1

I found the issue to be with the validation, removing 2 comma's from the end resolved this for me.
Now the end of my validation on username looks like this:

Attachments:

7 years 4 months ago #289221 by notyooagain
Replied by notyooagain on topic Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update
Solved.
Have removed the 2 commas that were at the end of validation string which seems to have fixed the problem.
Would the Joomla upgrade to 3.6.5 have had any affect on the issue as the commas were there prior to the CB update.
Thanks for your quick responses guys, much appreciated.

7 years 4 months ago #289232 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update
The default value for that parameter is http:,https:,mailto:,//.,<a,</a>,&#. What did you have it set to? Putting 2 commas should mean it rejects any string with a comma in it and should still be working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289241 by davidmarshall15
Replied by davidmarshall15 on topic Urgent-Username field issue since 2.1 update
Posting this for others, should anyone else have this issue.

As a test I put the ,, back at the end and near the end, so I had these as the last 4 characters:

,,,!
,!,,

Both combinations fail.

I found the best way to resolve this and continue to restrict the comma, is to make the username more restrictive by changing the Authorized input to, "single a-z,A-Z,0-9,_ word"

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn