Where to find old CB versions between 1.9.0 and now

1 year 4 months ago #332193 by masc
Hello,

I am currently trying to upgrade a very old Joomla/Mambo instance (in combination with Kunena and uddeIM) that has CB 1.9 running. In this thread there is a mention of "(see our archives folder for older releases)", but I am unable to find such archive. The earliest version I can download in the download section is 2.4.x, which seems to new for my current partially upgraded setup (current furthest state I have is Kunena 4.0.12, Joomla 2.5, uddeIM 4.0).

Thanks in advance 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #332194 by krileon
The last release of CB 1.x can be downloaded from our forge below. We don't provide older CB 2.x releases than what's available on the downloads page.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

I'm not really sure upgrading is going to be a solid option at this point. You're far too behind in releases. It's probably better at this point to start with a fresh Joomla 4 and manually move data over as needed.

If you still want to go the path of upgrading I'll see about getting some of the older CB 2.x builds to put in our files archive above.

Edit: Looks like you've already upgraded to Joomla 2.5? You should be able to install CB 2.4 then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: masc

1 year 4 months ago #332198 by masc
Hello Krileon and thank you very much for the quick answer,

for other people and historic and research reasons, I would very much appreciate it if you could get more files into that archive in Redmine. I bet other people trying to do the same as me (at some point in the future maybe) will see it the same way.

I will try to go for 2.4, but was unable to install it (says it's installed but isn't). I was able to get a hold of 2.0.10 on the web (risky endeavor, I know, no idea what else is in there, this is now only for proof of concept reasons), which works. I will now step by step pull up the environment (including PHP) and see if that changes anything.

1 year 4 months ago #332203 by krileon
I've uploaded 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, and 2.4.0. This should help you with migration. They can all be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #332205 by masc
Thank you, 

this is perfect and will certainly help me.

Side info for the interested: In the meantime, in my testenv I managed to get to Joomla 4.2.7 with Kunena 6.0.7, CB 2.7.4. I am currently a little stuck with the uddeIM not being compatible with Joomla 4, therefore in prod, I might go only until 3.10.x for now.

1 year 4 months ago #332209 by krileon
You should be able to migrate UddeIM to CBs internal PMS. Edit Private Message System in CB > Plugin Management and review the Parameters tab carefully. Once you've set Model to Internal it should offer the option to migrate your UddeIM messages. Note this won't work if you used database encrypted messages feature in UddeIM.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn