Change modules in homepage

1 week 6 days ago #337890 by fioresns
Change modules in homepage was created by fioresns
Hi to everyone!
Idk if it's a stupid question, but I've spent hours trying to accomplish: I'd like the homepage of unregistered to show what my website is. So I could use one less login plugin on the homepage (I'd go for the right panel login form, whilst changing the central module, maybe with an article or simple text).
How can I get this done?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #337906 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change modules in homepage
Joomla module display is entirely based off menu assignment. So you should be able to edit your module and under Menu Assignment strictly assign it to your home page or to be excluded from your home page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 week 3 days ago #337918 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Change modules in homepage
Thank you for replying, but it's not what I meant.
See the attachment: I'd like to get rid of the login form only in the center of the page (which shows it twice, in center and right side).
Instead of that I'd like to write something 
Attachments:

1 week 3 days ago #337928 by krileon
That's the login page. You can't get rid of that. The right login form is your login module and recommend just adjusting its menu assignment so it doesn't display on the login page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 week 3 days ago #337934 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Change modules in homepage
But can I adjust its menu assignment so the CENTRAL login form doesn't display on the login page?
And maybe show some text instead?
I tried but didn't figure how

1 week 3 days ago #337937 by krileon
The login form in the center of the page is your login page. You are on the login page so you of course can't get rid of the login page when you're on it.

Normally you'd just not display your login module on the login page. To do that edit your login module in Content > Site Modules then under Menu Assignment set "Module Assignment" to "On all pages except those selected" next click "None" for "Assign to Menu Items" now just find your login page menu item and select its checkbox then save. This will hide the login module when viewing the login page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn