Time released content tutorial

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252469 by OldLodgeSkins
Time released content tutorial was created by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

I've been following this tutorial with CB 2.0.2 and CBSubs 4.0.0 RC1:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18240-time-released-subscription-content-solution

I got it working, however there is an error in it I wanted to let you know about.
First you create a CB Query field named "cb_subsdiffdays". Then in the content part you make your condition using "cb_daysdiffquery" when it should be "cb_subsdiffdays". Once I understood that it started working - with a small bug though, I have stuff like this that shows up:
{cb:Ce tutoriel est disponible en deuxième semaine. Merci de revenir dans quelques temps.} {cb:

Note the CB tags that show up.
Now I'm guessing this could just be due to the fact that CB 2 / CBSubs 4 and their add-ons are brand new and I do understand there has to be bugs that need solving... In which case I'll just have to renew my subscription (which expired very recently) in the near future when I want the updates, I know, I know.
All I'm asking right now is, is this indeed a bug, in which case I can do nothing but wait, or is this a mistake on my part, did I forget something?

Thanks.

Seb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252475 by OldLodgeSkins
Replied by OldLodgeSkins on topic Time released content tutorial
I think I got it... I cannot have several cb: tags in the same article, is that it?

In other words, this generates some unwanted output on the article...
{cb:[cb:if cb_subsdiffdays<"31"]<p>Vous vous êtes inscrit il y a [cb_subsdiffdays] jours.</p><p>Ce template est disponible en 2ème mois. Merci de revenir dans quelques temps.</p>[/cb:if]}
{cb:[cb:if cb_subsdiffdays>="31"]<p style="text-align: center;">{phocadownload view=file|id=13|target=s}</p>[/cb:if]}

But this does not...
{cb:[cb:if cb_subsdiffdays<"31"]<p>Vous vous êtes inscrit il y a [cb_subsdiffdays] jours.</p><p>Ce template est disponible en 2ème mois. Merci de revenir dans quelques temps.</p>[/cb:if][cb:if cb_subsdiffdays>="31"]<p style="text-align: center;">{phocadownload view=file|id=13|target=s}</p>[/cb:if]}

So I guess I have solved my own problem. Is this correct?

9 years 5 months ago #252479 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Time released content tutorial

OldLodgeSkins wrote: Hi,

I've been following this tutorial with CB 2.0.2 and CBSubs 4.0.0 RC1:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18240-time-released-subscription-content-solution

I got it working, however there is an error in it I wanted to let you know about.
First you create a CB Query field named "cb_subsdiffdays". Then in the content part you make your condition using "cb_daysdiffquery" when it should be "cb_subsdiffdays". Once I understood that it started working - with a small bug though, I have stuff like this that shows up:

{cb:Ce tutoriel est disponible en deuxième semaine. Merci de revenir dans quelques temps.} {cb:

Note the CB tags that show up.
Now I'm guessing this could just be due to the fact that CB 2 / CBSubs 4 and their add-ons are brand new and I do understand there has to be bugs that need solving... In which case I'll just have to renew my subscription (which expired very recently) in the near future when I want the updates, I know, I know.
All I'm asking right now is, is this indeed a bug, in which case I can do nothing but wait, or is this a mistake on my part, did I forget something?

Thanks.

Seb.

Yes there was a typo in the tutorial.

cb_subsdiffdays should be cb_daysdiffquery

9 years 5 months ago #252483 by OldLodgeSkins
Replied by OldLodgeSkins on topic Time released content tutorial

nant wrote:
Yes there was a typo in the tutorial.

cb_subsdiffdays should be cb_daysdiffquery

... Or the other way around :)
Anyway, it's working perfectly now.