Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?

6 months 4 weeks ago #335312 by lemur
Hallo,

wenn ein User  einem anderen eine Private Mitteilung (PM) sendet, kommt diesem anderen eine E-Mail mit den merkwürdigen Feldern. Erst im Betreff steht "Es existiert eine neue private Mitteilung".

Wie kann man das Plugin PMS in CB so einstellen, damit:

1) Anstatt "Von:    Registrierung auf der Webseite ...", was nur verwirrt, z.B. "Eine neue private Mitteilung" stehen würde
2) "Antwort an:    Registrierung auf der Webseite <Seitenarme> <E-Mail-des-Absenders> "
Diese Zeile ist völlig unnötig und sogar falsch, in dem Fall, falls PM keine "Antwort" ist.
Außerdem ist es einen Verstoß, E-Mail-Adresse des Absenders von PN zu veröffentlichen.

Ich weiß, dass in Plugin PMS einige spezielle  Parameter gibt, kann aber damit nicht umgehen.

Danke im Voraus
Leon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #335313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?

Hello,

when one user sends another a private message (PM), that other person receives an email with the strange fields. Only in the subject does it say “There is a new private message”.

How can you set the PMS plugin in CB so that:

1) Instead of "From: Registration on the website ...", which would only be confusing, e.g. "A new private message" would be written
2) "Reply to: Registration on the Website <page-arms> <email-from-sender> "
This line is completely unnecessary and even incorrect in the case if PM is not a "reply".
It is also a violation to publish the email address of the sender of a PM.

The email can be completely customized by changing its language strings. You can use the built in language override functionality shown below. It includes a search feature to find language strings to change.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

The PMS notifications always send a Reply To with the users email address when a public (guest) user PMs someone as there would be no other way to reply to the PM otherwise. There is no way to disable this at this time. Non-guest PMS notifications do not set a users email address as the Reply To.

We only provide support in English so I had to run your post through Google Translate and am unsure if the translation is accurate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 4 weeks ago #335314 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?
Thanks for the quick response.
I wrote my question in German, as I was not sure that my or Google's translation would be understandable. Sorry.
Yes, you understood the translated questions correctly..

With the use of language overrides functionality, I still have to figure it out until I figure out what to do.

But I am answering now to note the following discrepancy.
You write: "Non-guest SMS notifications do not set a users email address as the Reply To."

This is not the case on my websites. Only registered users can send private messages. However, the email of the sender of the PM comes in a notification letter.

Sincerely
Leon

6 months 4 weeks ago #335316 by krileon

This is not the case on my websites. Only registered users can send private messages. However, the email of the sender of the PM comes in a notification letter.

Strange it should not be doing that. I'm not seeing that in my tests. In fact we have PMS notifications enabled here at Joomlapolis that don't do this. I've checked the notification again in the PMS and we don't set the Reply To unless it's a guest PM. Are you sure it's that specific users email address being sent? Within CB > Configuration > Registration a Reply To address can be provided and will be used if supplied. The only other thing I can think of is you've a Joomla plugin adding that as we do use Joomla API for sending emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #335444 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?
Thank you for your attention.
Unfortunately, I was not able to solve the problems that arose by adjusting the language strings.
I just didn't find the appropriate lines in the file for the private messaging plugin.

But I discovered that the wrong lines and data in the letter about a new personal message are taken from the Configuration -> Registration tab
(see attachment)

Namely,
text "Registrierung auf der Webseite" (in German, == Registration on the website)
are taken from the "Registration Email Name" field.

Email in the line "Antwort an: Registrierung auf der Webseite geschichte-chronologie <lхххaj@maхх.хх>" (Reply to: Registration on the website history-chronology <lхххaj@maхх.хх>" ) - in the figure it is marked with a “tick”, -
taken from the "Registration Reply-To Email Address" field.
I don’t know for what purpose this email appears here, but I would like it not to be visible.

I still want to
1) Instead of "From: Registration on the website ...", which would only be confusing, e.g. "A new private message" would be written.
Or in the line "From:" just remove "Registration on the website".
2) the line "Reply to: Registration on the website history-chronology <lхххaj@makhх.хх>" ) would contain "a reply to your private message" if it is really a reply to a private message. And so that this "Reply to" line is absent altogether if the message is not a reply.
3) And so that no email is shown in the “Reply to” line.

Thanks
Leon 
Attachments:

6 months 2 weeks ago #335448 by krileon

1) Instead of "From: Registration on the website ...", which would only be confusing, e.g. "A new private message" would be written.
Or in the line "From:" just remove "Registration on the website".

That is already the case. The PMS notification email sends with the following subject. They can all be found in CBs language overrides feature and changed there.

Language Key: FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE_WITH
Language String:
[from] has <a href="[message_url]">sent you a new private message</a>.<br /><br />[message]

Language Key: FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE
Language String:
[from] has <a href="[message_url]">sent you a new private message</a>.

Language Key: FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE_WITH
Language String:
[from] has <a href="[message_url]">replied to your private message</a>.<br /><br />[message]

Language Key: FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE
Language String:
[from] has <a href="[message_url]">replied to your private message</a>.

As for removing the site name prefix from the emails you'll need to adjust the following language string.

Language Key: EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT
Language String:
[sitename] - [subject]

2) the line "Reply to: Registration on the website history-chronology <lхххaj@makhх.хх>" ) would contain "a reply to your private message" if it is really a reply to a private message. And so that this "Reply to" line is absent altogether if the message is not a reply.

You can override the From Name and From Address for PMS notifications within Private Message System > Parameters > Internal > Notification.

3) And so that no email is shown in the “Reply to” line.

If you don't want a reply-to address then don't specify one in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn