Modifying CB Login Logic

13 years 3 months ago #151796 by laptoproadie
Modifying CB Login Logic was created by laptoproadie
In our application of CB we require a unique scenario for users to log in. For most users, the typical username/password combination will do.

For a select few high authority privileged users, they are going to log in using their username, however for their password, they will be using a USB key that when pressed will automatically fill in the password field with a special password. This password is validated through a Joomla login plugin that is provided by the makers of the USB keys.

If we used the standard Joomla login component, it's pretty easy. We just turn off the standard login plugin and enable the USB key one.

However, since we're using CB it's not that easy. How (if at all) can we make CB use this other login plugin to do its authenticating? I can get it to where the USB key plugin authenticates( or rejects) the user properly, but after the USB key authenticates then CB authenticates...and any USB key user will always fail a CB authentication, because the password the key puts in will never match what is in the CB user table. The USB key passwords change every few seconds, and the only way it can validate is by pinging the USB key company's server.

Is there anyway to circumvent CB's authentication to use another one instead? At this point we just need to turn it off because it is successfully authenticating using the usb key plugin.

Or maybe I should just use the standard Joomla login module? We really like the look of the CB login module, but the standard login module works in our scenario, but it doesn't have the look that we like.

I'm curious as to any thoughts you guys may have on this.

Thanks for all your continued support!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Modifying CB Login Logic
Have you tried changing the login mode to accept authentication plugins within CB? Please navigate to CB configuration and on the General tab set Login field type to Username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins. Once done please try logging in with your USB key method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn