Changing login font, background, etc in CB 1.4

13 years 2 months ago #153576 by chessadrenaline
Changing login font, background, etc in CB 1.4 was created by chessadrenaline
Hello and thanks for your support!

How do I make changes to the login box on my Joomla 1.6 site (www.chessadrenaline.com)? I want to put Forgot login? and Register on the same line, change the font to match the rest of my page, change the text and background color, as well as the background of the input boxes. Thank you for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153602 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: Changing login font, background, etc in CB 1.4
Contact me via IM or Skype (I sent you mine via Personal Message just now). This takes CSS.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153608 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: Changing login font, background, etc in CB 1.4
In the meantime, I will give you some pointers...

The first thing I imagine you will need to do is open the CB login Module properties in your Module Manager and change the Module orientation to "Horizontal"

The Display type is a matter of preference but personally i would go with "Compact"

Save that.

Next you will need a Web Development code viewer like Firebug for Mozilla Firefox (downloaded via Add-ons). Safari comes with one too, but not sure what its called or if it comes standard in the browser.

With a code viewer you can analyze the CSS ids and classes so you know what to call and where. I would make all adjustments to your template's css file (template.css), because they are particular to this Joomla template you are working with. I wont know what your code will look like till I see you do this much so far, so please get back to me when you are ready to start the process. For example, have your template.css open and ready to save and upload (repetitiously) to the site and do all the steps I outlined above.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn