profile gallery

13 years 1 month ago #158565 by Anubis_fr
profile gallery was created by Anubis_fr
I am puzzled, i tried for many days to solve this issue but did not succeed.

CB 1.4 on Joomla 1.5.22, cb profile gallery, cb profile url and SH404.

This site is a migration from a joomla 1.0 production site with CB 1.3.

What happens : Most of the members have and had CVs in their gallery, migration was ok, old CVs appears in their new profile BUT they are not able to erase or replace them by a new one. Upload process seems to be ok (i can see the data being transfered) BUT no file is saved in their respective directories and no record is created in the database. There is no error message and the browser goes back to the profile without mentioning anything.

One think who could be important to solve that matter : It only occurs for old members (frm the old 1.0 website), fresh members who registered directly in the new site are able to integrate new cvs when their profile are brand new.

So, question : what could have been wrong in the migration process, where do i have to look in the database ? (i reseted the used quota to none for every member cause i thought it could be the problem but...did not change anything). I also checked the directories permissions and owners(errors could have occurred during the transfer process but they are correct)

I checked also the error log of the domain, nothing appears.

Where can i see the contain of the post instruction and the "UPDATE" string instruction transmitted to the database during the POST process ?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: profile gallery
First step is understanding HOW you migrated users. The only migration method supported by CB is CB Juice. Any other method is likely not using CB API to migrate. Another very important factor is proper user_id matching. The user_id is used in the file name of the image as well as linking the image to the user within the database, these MUST match or there could be issues. Please also try uploading with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds