[SOLVED] userlist id in joomla 1.7 or 2.5.x menu

12 years 8 months ago #172872 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: userlist id in joomla 1.6.x menu
i read the issues, it was 6 months ago!

1- joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=24562

that one looks solved (correct me if i didn't understand)

2 - joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=23697

That other looks closed!!! :(

reading i saw that they tested tha paches and worked... but look like that they didn't implemented it! And there is almost 2 months that nobody says anything about it! Do you think that they will really do that fix? As they already know how to do that since joomla 1.6.0

im usin also others components that works with joomla 1.6 menu backend... i don't know about programing, but i would like to know if isn't possible to find a way of changing something to adapt to new joomla, as they are not doing anything to fix the bug!!!

but if not, i would love to fix that manualy if you guys give me the instruction on how to :) ... or any tool like fix-menu.zip to upload to root... a couple of php files to be changed... don't know... (i'm afraid of they don't fix it at all), i would use at my own risk...

and i need because i'm going to make a lot of links to userlists... and some i really need to have modules inside also will be a lot, a lot of links,

thaks ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: userlist id in joomla 1.6.x menu

Do you think that they will really do that fix? As they already know how to do that since joomla 1.6.0

Don't know; can't say what example the Joomla team will be doing.

im usin also others components that works with joomla 1.6 menu backend... i don't know about programing, but i would like to know if isn't possible to find a way of changing something to adapt to new joomla, as they are not doing anything to fix the bug!!!

Please provide what extensions have component menu parameters functioning and would be glad to review for possible solutions.

but if not, i would love to fix that manualy if you guys give me the instruction on how to ... or any tool like fix-menu.zip to upload to root... a couple of php files to be changed... don't know... (i'm afraid of they don't fix it at all), i would use at my own risk...

We don't have a fix; we'll be addressing with CB 2.0 the issue directly.

and i need because i'm going to make a lot of links to userlists... and some i really need to have modules inside also will be a lot, a lot of links,

You should be able to use External links just fine as long as you begin with index.php and not live_site as it should still generate an Itemid. Joomla only strips itemid off External links if SEF is on (no idea why).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172992 by diogotu
Great :)

Please provide what extensions have component menu parameters functioning and would be glad to review for possible solutions.

Here are two extentions that i'm loving to use... and with some menu backend configuration... hope that they could help!

seblod 2.0 RC3 "Form (Content Type)... List (Search Type)"

www.seblod.com/download.html?layout=blog

YJ mega menu "it is a plugin, that work with youjoomla templates... and have a lot of configurations it self"

www.youjoomla.com/free-joomla-templates/yougrids-free-joomla-template/yjmegamenu-plugin-16/download.html

Glad for the open mind :)

Thanks
Diogo

12 years 8 months ago #173714 by krileon
Sorry for the late delay, I've added this information to the bug ticket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogotu

12 years 6 months ago #179225 by diogotu
hey people, any news about that issue?

regards

12 years 6 months ago #179234 by krileon
Nope, any progress regarding this bug can be found on the bug ticket. We'll be going through bug tickets soon as we've plans to release a bug fix release of CB (1.7.1 I suspect).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.711 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn