[#2750] Problem with PAP integration

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176191 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration
Thank you Kyle for having gone the extra-mile(s) and for your patience making this installation work. Well done B)

EDIT:
As there seems to have been a confusion for this configuration parameter, we will be clarifying its description for next release. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176198 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

krileon wrote: Upon review of your plans none of them were configured to log commissions for upgrades.

Only the free plan is configured to log commissions for upgrades.

krileon wrote: This means commissions will only work for newly registered users who are purchasing one of the plans for the first time. Any purchase after being registered is basically considered an Upgrade as you're upgrading from Free user/plan to another plan.
I temporarily set the Business plan to allow commissions for upgrades and made a purchase, which successfully registered the commissions.

This is something that we don't want ! We want to allow commissions for first time buyers but not for upgraders !
Newly registered users buying the plans or free users upgrading are only allowed to receive commisions.

krileon wrote: Please review your plans and set "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" to "New Commission" if you'd like commissioning for existing users. Otherwise it will only function for newly registered users.

With commissions set to upgrade for the free plan only, I just created a new user buying the business plan and this did not work !!
Do you mean that the setting "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" works for the reverse ? I mean upgrading from another plan to the one chosen ?

We want :

New registered users to be able to buy the plans with commissions logged
Free users to be able to buy the plans with commissions logged

Buyers of plans upgrading to higher plan with NO commissions logged
Renewal of plans with NO commissions logged

Could you tell me what would be the settings for this rules ?

12 years 7 months ago #176199 by activha
I also tried to set "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" for the starter plan and tried with a new user just registered and no commissions where set !!

Sorry but nothing is solved in real life situations

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

Newly registered users buying the plans or free users upgrading are only allowed to receive commisions.

If they upgrade from a free plan to a paid plan that is considered an upgrade commissions, so you'd need to allow upgrade commissions for the plan they're upgrading to. New registrations would continue to work as normally assuming they paid for a plan during the registration process.

With commissions set to upgrade for the free plan only, I just created a new user buying the business plan and this did not work !!

That is not how it works. It's upgrades to that plan. Meaning you need to allow upgrade commissions for the paid plan and not the free plan.

Do you mean that the setting "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" works for the reverse ? I mean upgrading from another plan to the one chosen ?

It's for upgrading to that plan and not upgrading from that plan. Meaning you need to reverse your configuration.

Could you tell me what would be the settings for this rules ?

Certainly, for all your paid plans set "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" to "New Commission". Then disable upgrade commissions for your free plan.

We'll certainly improve the parameters description with next release as I can see where the confusion could come from. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176233 by activha
Kyle,

Your settings did not work so I digged a little further. After investigations I came to the conclusion that these settings worked ok with the dummy test payment gateway but for some reasons that I don't know nothing works with the paypal sandbox payment gateway.

I have been trying all our tests until now with the paypal sandbox this is why we had different results.

Could you check the paypal sandbox and paypal normal paiement gateway, there could be something wrong with it and PAP ? we cannot promote the website until this is not solved :-)

Secondly I have noticed that all data are not transferred to the PAP commissions fields (5). The reason seems to be that fields depending from the plan subscribed are not filled before the data is sent to PAP, meaning that only my 3 first files are filled because they are completed during registration.
Fields depending from the plan subscription are not transferred to PAP. Could you change this so that all fields may be sent after the plan has been correctly applied ??

Thirdly, we don't want to pay commissions for upgrade BETWEEN plans ! so what kind of settings can we implement with your system ??
We need a setting saying "ok for the payment of a commission FROM this plan" also. If not there is a serious problem between plans.
We want people registering to paying plans to generate commissions, people with free registering buying a paying plan generating commissions, but no commissions has to be paid for moving BETWEEN plans and upgrading to Starter to Pro for instance.

12 years 7 months ago #176251 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

Could you check the paypal sandbox and paypal normal paiement gateway, there could be something wrong with it and PAP ? we cannot promote the website until this is not solved

Ah! That certainly could cause a major difference. Will prepare some sandbox tests and see what could be happening. Wonder if the cookie is expiring or being lost perhaps. Unsure at the moment, but will absolutely take a look.

Secondly I have noticed that all data are not transferred to the PAP commissions fields (5). The reason seems to be that fields depending from the plan subscribed are not filled before the data is sent to PAP, meaning that only my 3 first files are filled because they are completed during registration.
Fields depending from the plan subscription are not transferred to PAP. Could you change this so that all fields may be sent after the plan has been correctly applied ??

Just for clarification the fields on registration are working fine? However, the fields you're populating with CBSubs Fields integration are not? This could just be a matter of plugin order. Plugins execute in the order they are placed in Plugin Management. So you should be able to move the CBSubs Fields integration to be before the CBSubs PostAfPro integration and that would ensure the fields are populated before PAP executes.

We want people registering to paying plans to generate commissions, people with free registering buying a paying plan generating commissions, but no commissions has to be paid for moving BETWEEN plans and upgrading to Starter to Pro for instance.

Unfortunately you can't. The integration has no way of distinguishing what the user is upgrading from. Would be good to see with a future release the integrations taking advantage of the Conditionals features that plans are able to take advantage of, but this wouldn't be for sometime later as we finalize the conditional usage and its API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn