CB Registration Module

12 years 6 months ago #179535 by aaguaron
CB Registration Module was created by aaguaron
Hi,

I want to add a CB Registration Form in my Joomla frontpage, similar to the one you get when you click register in CB Login Module.

I'm been searching for a registration module to place it in my joomla site but I'm not able to find anything out there.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Registration Module
You'll need to create a Joomla menu link to CBs registration page then assign it as your homepage. You can't include the registration into a Joomla article or anything of the sort. CB has no registration module either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aaguaron

11 years 10 months ago #201527 by jroseland
Replied by jroseland on topic Re: CB Registration Module
This is functionality that is badly needed by CBsubs. The multiple clicks/pageloads required to sign up and pay for a CBsubs subscription are disastrous from a marketing or conversion standpoint.

I'm in need of a CBsubs Registration Module for my site www.LimitlessMindset.com , this is a niche site in the brain power supplement industry. Here's is my salespage:
www.limitlessmindset.com/membership-options/nootropic-supplement.html
As you can see now users have to click-through to register, then another click through to subscribe via paypal or 2checkout.

What would be ideal is to have a signup module that uses some kind of ajax effect that after users fill the registration fields and click submit, it prompts them to pay using Paypal or 2Checkout. This may be wishful thinking but I would seriously improve conversion rates for those of us who use CBsubs for membership websites. I would pay serious money for an module that does this...

Jomsocial and other competitors of CB have this kind of functionality.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201554 by krileon
Ajax page load vs a standard page load has no conversion difference; it just looks prettier. They're both still page loads and both have the same load times. We will of course being using much more jQuery in combination with Twitter Bootstrap for CB 2.0, but I can't say specifically how the workflow will behave at this time.

The current workflow seams perfectly fine depending on the gateway you use; for an on-site gateway it's about 3 clicks. For an off-site gateway it's upwards of 5 clicks and out of all the purchases I've done online (thousands) it's the same process everywhere (unless I'm already logged in of course).

You need to be reviewing the contents of your site and its outwards appearance to users as well as its ease of use and not blame the payment workflows for poor conversion rates; you can confirm this by using the new Piwik CBSubs plugin for Piwik (feee and open source) tracking that can track conversion rates and how many payment baskets are abandoned to see if the CBSubs process is in-fact what discourages users.

My immediate feedback on your site is it's over-bloated with content. For example the banner is huge, unnecessarily, and distracts from the content followed by an auto-play video (no one likes auto-play videos; it's as bad as playing music in the background). Menu links have far too much text and should be restricted to 1 descriptive word. Immediately I have to search your site for a registration link and then when I click "Get Access Now" expecting to get access I get an error page. When I finally do find a link that says "Become a Member" it again doesn't take me to a registration page; so that's twice now you've given me a false registration. At this point or even before it I'd close the site and never look back.

Note, please don't take my feedback as hostile and am simply trying to help you improve conversion rates; I'd be glad to provide more feedback with more time spent if you'd like. I also recommend contacting a UI expert that can give some advise on site layout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #203581 by jroseland
Replied by jroseland on topic Re: CB Registration Module
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for your feedback, seriously! Yeah, I'm sure my site could be conversion optimized a little better. I will split test some of the feedback areas you mentioned over the next few weeks.

Piwik looks interesting, but is it any different or more effective than Google Analytics at tracking conversion metrics and cart abandons?

It really would be useful to have a CB registration module though... I may post a development job for this.

Thanks!

11 years 9 months ago #203618 by krileon

Piwik looks interesting, but is it any different or more effective than Google Analytics at tracking conversion metrics and cart abandons?

Piwik is significantly faster at tracking then Google as it can be hosted on the same server as your website so you've instant analytics. We've also added a lot to its CBSubs integration for detailed eCommerce tracking (for example you can see when a basket was abandoned). It also tracks conversion rates of URLs and plans. So if I visit the plan page for Plan A, but don't purchase that's a failed conversion. Google is good, but I find it can take 24-48 hours sometimes to report analytics.

It really would be useful to have a CB registration module though... I may post a development job for this.

I agree and it's possible using CB API, but depending on how large your registration is this could be a really bad thing. For example if all your registration is is Username, Name, Email, Password then it'd be fine, but if you've a bunch of other fields then having it in a module would be a nightmare.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn