[#3017] including a php file during a plan registration ?

12 years 5 months ago #183129 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and have created a bug ticket for further investigation. Unsure of what the cause is exactly. Seams like the SQL Actions is perhaps trying to build a Tab class, but isn't doing so properly.

Regarding your script it is certainly an acceptable solution assuming it is developed properly. It's quite stressing to see you have paid a professional team to develop it for you and while reviewing it seeing it clearly will not function within 10 lines of the file. Perhaps suggest requesting a refund from them or having them take another go at it. As for the database connection information they can find that in your configuration.php so they can properly have it setup and tested for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183135 by activha
Kyle

We have a big problem maybe related to this mysql thing but it seems that new users registering to the website are unable to use their password, even if all seems ok from the backend

Did you change something ? Could you have a look ?

PS: would joomlapolis team be able to help us solve some problems even with third party component like enmasse if we need so ? what would it cost ?

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183139 by krileon

We have a big problem maybe related to this mysql thing but it seems that new users registering to the website are unable to use their password, even if all seems ok from the backend

This is a bug caused by SQL Actions I believe. I've installed a beta build for you that should solve the password issue. Please register a new user to confirm resolved.

Did you change something ? Could you have a look ?

Nothing was changed except for the SQL Action to your two plans and the demouser1 (which was removed after my tests).

PS: would joomlapolis team be able to help us solve some problems even with third party component like enmasse if we need so ? what would it cost ?

No, we only provide support for Joomlapolis products as we're not general support. It's often best to take your support issues with 3rd party extensions directly to those extensions developers.

We're discussing internally and trying to figure out how to and when to prepare a Beta build for you to fix all these issues. They just can't be addressed without a new release as are bugs in CBSubs it self.

The script is an acceptable workaround, but it would need to be developed as functional. I'll review the script closely and see if I can fix it for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183143 by activha
Unfortunately registering a new user did not work. Same problem with the password

We appreciate if your team would help. Please have a go :-)

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183147 by krileon
I've completely rewritten the script from the ground up and tested thoroughly that it's working. I've also setup all your plans to use it instead of SQL Actions. Please also test that is working for you. I've named it v2 as to not lose your original.

Please note your developers should be aware of the massive problems they potentially almost caused you. The original is riddled with SQL Injection vulnerabilities. I do not recommend even keeping the original script on your server due to said vulnerability. In addition to the SQL Injections the original script never closed the database connection so you'd of had an open database connection until it timed out. The rewritten script has been completely secured with escaping, typecasting, and closes the connection as is necessary. For security sake I placed a die at the top of the original script so it can't be ran to prevent vulnerabilities in your install.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 5 months ago #183219 by activha

krileon wrote: I've completely rewritten the script from the ground up and tested thoroughly that it's working. I've also setup all your plans to use it instead of SQL Actions. Please also test that is working for you. I've named it v2 as to not lose your original.

THANKS a lot for this ! This seems to work ok for us. We only have a problem with duplicate entries in merchant table when a user is upgraded from a plan to another.
For instance when a user is moved from Free to Starter, there is correctly only one entry in the _enmasse_sales_person table but we have a duplicate entry in the _enmasse_merchant_branch.
If the user then buy a third plan (Business for instance) we then have a third entry in the _enmasse_merchant_branch
Any idea to correct this ?

krileon wrote: Please note your developers should be aware of the massive problems they potentially almost caused you. The original is riddled with SQL Injection vulnerabilities. I do not recommend even keeping the original script on your server due to said vulnerability. In addition to the SQL Injections the original script never closed the database connection so you'd of had an open database connection until it timed out. The rewritten script has been completely secured with escaping, typecasting, and closes the connection as is necessary. For security sake I placed a die at the top of the original script so it can't be ran to prevent vulnerabilities in your install.

We will get in touch with them today and raise this problem. Do you mind if I quote you or mention this forum post ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn