[#3038] Can I allow moderators to edit user-read only fiel

12 years 5 months ago #183478 by fribse2011
Hi Nant

I've read through the docs now, not much info special for the moderation task.
I think the problem is that for some reason I'm not seen as a moderator.

Our groups look like this:

I'm a member of:
Bestyrelse
Festudvalg
Medieudvalg
Turudvalg

The moderator config is like this

I've set the tab in question like this:

The fields are set like this:

But when I go to another users profile, I don't see any way of editing their profile?
And as I don't even see the 'medlemsinfo' tab on my own profil, I think it doesn't recognize me as a moderator?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183499 by krileon
There's an edit profile link on the CB Menu (top of their profile or in CB Content if rendering in module) that you must clink. Please ensure you're using CB 1.7.1. Does this work if you login as Super User?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183502 by fribse2011
The setting in configuration you are referring to is:

Right?

When I go to another user, I do not have an edit profile in the menu, I have a 'View' with 'View your profile' below it.
Then I have 'Manage Invites' , 'Messages' , 'Connections' and finally 'Moderation' with 'Report user' below it.

It IS CB 1.7.1, and if I log in as Super User, then I do see the menu items you refer to!

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #183504 by nant
I just tested and I have no issues.

I am using J173/CB171
I created a new group under registered
I added user to this new group
Edited CB Configuration to have this new group (and above) be moderators.

Both superadmin and user in this new group can moderate (edit users).

12 years 5 months ago #183515 by krileon
Perhaps is due to being a member of all the below.

Bestyrelse
Festudvalg
Medieudvalg
Turudvalg

Please test with a user who is only a member of Bestyrelse and confirm if now working. I resolved this ACL issue with CB 1.7.1 by allowing CB to recurs through the groups so this shouldn't be an issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183521 by fribse2011
If the user is only member of Bestyrelse, then it works perfectly.
And I just checked once more in Manager, it does say 1.7.1 made by Beat.

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn