[#3307] Assigning user group based on CB field value

12 years 2 months ago #192518 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value
Well, I am not sure how to be more descriptive than I was:

I set the auto action (image in previous post, only auto action active).
Set “Require Admin Approval: yes”

Then went to the FrontPage (without being logged in) and I filled the registration form.
Confirmation email was sent to my email address.
So far: Ok.

Click on the email confirmation link. That sent me to the site where this show up:

I didn’t set any other configuration neither installed anything.

And once again, I will give you the URL and try it yourself. There are 3 forms there and this only happens with the one that has the auto action applied to it.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
12 years 2 months ago #192525 by krileon
You should not be logged in when clicking the confirmation link. That's why it is not working, because you're already logged in. Something is causing you to login. Do you have an auto-login plugin or something of the sort installed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192549 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value

You should not be logged in when clicking the confirmation link. That's why it is not working, because you're already logged in.

I was not. Actually that user “www” was deleted before register so it didn´t exist.

Something is causing you to login. Do you have an auto-login plugin or something of the sort installed?

The Auto action is causing it. This does not happen when the auto action is disabled.
No, I don’t have any auto login installed. Even if I have it, I don´t know any auto login extension that will login a user that is not enabled, not approved, neither confirmed.
also if you take a closer look at the images that I sent you, the auto action is not permitting the email confirmation neither.

Even if works or not, after clicking on the email confirmation link the ”confirmed” status in the user manager should change to green, and as you can see is still in red.

Coming back to what I told you before:

Why if the “onAfterUserRegistration” is a valid trigger, is not showing up in the triggers dropdown list??
Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #192560 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. It makes no sense that adding groups after registration would log them in, which again is why you can't use confirmation as you can not use confirmation while logged in.

Why if the “onAfterUserRegistration” is a valid trigger, is not showing up in the triggers dropdown list??

It's there as "After Registration".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192587 by timberlineevents
I know it doesn´t make sense…

As I said many times before, if I disable the action works well. If I enable the action it doesn´t.

I am sorry but no access to the backend.
Whatever you want to check, you let me know and I´ll check it for you, or send you images.
Tks
12 years 2 months ago #192591 by krileon
I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation. I suspect it's due to setting the session for the user and will resolve with next release to ensure it does not update the session if one does not exist.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3307

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn