[#3390] Auto Action to allocate a user to a specific group

12 years 1 month ago #195524 by rnomis
Yes, as I said I have created a new installation. My new auto action shows these values exactly the same as in the tutorial (screenshot example attached) it doesn't work with either [post_cb_usertype] or [cb_usertype].
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195554 by krileon
Are you testing this on frontend using the normal registration workflows? The trigger you specified does not work in backend so if you add a user in backend it won't do anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195568 by rnomis
Yes, I have set the registration to Confirm and Approve users automatically and tested it at least 20 times with different settings and still it puts them into the Registered group.

Does the screenshot for the User Record with the Radio Buttons at the bottom look right to you?

Thanks for your help,

Simon

12 years 1 month ago #195572 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue however it's not a problem with the condition, but a problem with the usergroup action. I've created the below bug ticket for further review. Note this seams to work for after login, but after registration it doesn't appear to function properly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3390

I apologize for the inconvenience. Will release a bug fix version (2.4.2) soon to resolve (am reviewing now).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195573 by rnomis
Fantastic. Thanks again.

Simon

12 years 1 month ago #195575 by krileon
This is due to the below bug in CB.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3354

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn