Fatal Error with CB Connect

12 years 5 days ago #199380 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect
Cool. The triggers work fine now. I have a couple other questions for you about the linkedin cb connect process now though.

1) Is there any way to connect the password fields? If I register through linked in and then try to log in through the normal CB method, the process does not seem to recognize my linked email and password as being valid login credentials. It seems that users would always need to sign in from linkedin…

2) Odd login steps for user registration with email confirm enabled: When a user confirms the email, they are asked to log in… Then, when they do the plans come up for selection. When a plan is selected, they are then directed to log in again. Is it possible to have the user logged in directly after selecting a plan and clicking upgrade? I might be able to make the workflow emails more clear if this isn’t possible, but I would need to create different email workflows for users that register via cb connect and those that register via normal cb methods.

3) Is there any way to tie more fields together other then what appears on the dropdown linkedin field menu? An example would be tying the person’s current company to a company field in CB.

4) I updated the cb.tables.php file and that fixed the triggers. If I don’t require email confirmation or moderator approval upon registration though, I still get a fatal error. Does Patch 3354 fix that issue?

Thanks, and apologies for the multiple requests here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 days ago #199433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect

1) Is there any way to connect the password fields?

No, no connect site gives a password. The password provided for them is randomly generated. If they want to login by normal means they can use the forgot login form or change the password in profile edit.

Is it possible to have the user logged in directly after selecting a plan and clicking upgrade?

No, that's how CBSubs works; it intercepts directly before login and makes them select a plan (as your install doesn't allow free registrations without a plan).

3) Is there any way to tie more fields together other then what appears on the dropdown linkedin field menu? An example would be tying the person’s current company to a company field in CB.

What fields are available for mapping is all that the connect site provides through its API.

4) I updated the cb.tables.php file and that fixed the triggers. If I don’t require email confirmation or moderator approval upon registration though, I still get a fatal error. Does Patch 3354 fix that issue?

No, it just fixes usergroups not assigning at time of registration through CBSubs or CB Auto Actions. The fatal error is not a bug as far as I am aware as it's how you have your CBSubs workflows setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 days ago #199461 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect
Okay. Thanks. I understand on pts 1-3.

On pt. 4, I think it is a bug. If I leave all CB, CB Subs and CB connect settings exactly the same and change Only the setting to confirm emails setting in CB Connect from DO NOT confirm emails on registration to Confirm emails at registration, I go from a fatal error to working 100% as intended.

If emails are not confirmed AND approval is not needed, it will create a fatal error (at least with my configuration). If either email confirm OR moderator approvals are needed.... works like a charm.

I don't really mind setting the email confirm, so its not a big deal for me, but I just wanted to make sure you guys understood what I'm seeing.

12 years 3 days ago #199491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect

On pt. 4, I think it is a bug. If I leave all CB, CB Subs and CB connect settings exactly the same and change Only the setting to confirm emails setting in CB Connect from DO NOT confirm emails on registration to Confirm emails at registration, I go from a fatal error to working 100% as intended.

I don't know. As I've explained already it's validation coming from CBSubs, which is encoded. So I can not tell you what causes it to trigger, but apparently it isn't checked if email confirmation is used.

I don't really mind setting the email confirm, so its not a big deal for me, but I just wanted to make sure you guys understood what I'm seeing.

Very strange issue, will try and duplicate from my end to see what's going on. As all my plans are non-exclusive in my tests it's likely that's why I never saw such an issue. Exclusive basically means "Required" so if you have even 1 exclusive plan on registration and no plan is selected (which is the case of CB Connect) then it'd fail validation. Need to see how this can be circumvented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3493

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn