[#3622] Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #206732 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

krileon wrote: K2 groups aren't needed to establish permissions to K2 tasks, see K2 > Parameters > Permissions and you can assign permissions to Joomla usergroups. K2 groups are basically there as before J2.5 such feature wasn't available.

Well I dont understand. We need to set permissions to limit writing to special K2 categories depending on the group the user belongs to, while keeping these categories open for reading by all public.

For instance I want group A to write only to category 1 and I want group B to write to categorie 1 and 2, while general public will be able to read 1, 2, 3 and 4

I don't see how to do this with permission assignment as this is a global thing not related to one or another categories;

We also need K2 groups to use extra fields depending upon the groups and the categories.

For instance Category 1 will be assigned extra fields group 1 and category 2 will be assigned extra fields group 2

I don't see how CB could allow this with the present K2 integration

Even with CB articles installed this seems not complete or do I miss something here ?

BTW: thank you for the help with mysql query, it works well for new users but when deactivating the plan and reactivating, it does not work. I guess it is a problem with ON DUPLICATE KEY which may no find the id of the table as is. Any idea ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #206790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
I see, seams K2 groups have more functionality then I originally thought.

Even with CB articles installed this seems not complete or do I miss something here ?

We don't integration with K2 groups. There was no mention of groups during our K2 integration discussion so no such thing was implemented.

BTW: thank you for the help with mysql query, it works well for new users but when deactivating the plan and reactivating, it does not work. I guess it is a problem with ON DUPLICATE KEY which may no find the id of the table as is. Any idea ?

There's either an error or userID isn't a unique key. To make it a unique key you'd need to run the below on your database (make a backup! don't know if this will negatively impact K2!). To check for errors ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting is enabled while testing.

ALTER TABLE `jos_k2_users` ADD UNIQUE KEY `userID`;

Replace "jos" in the above with your actual table prefix if it is different from "jos".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #206872 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

We don't integration with K2 groups. There was no mention of groups during our K2 integration discussion so no such thing was implemented.

Well this is a very important feature of K2 with extra fields functionality so integration without this is rather pointless :-(

There's either an error or userID isn't a unique key.

There is already id which is a unique key, can I add userID as a second unique key also ? or can we use id as the unique key but different from userID ?

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #206885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

Well this is a very important feature of K2 with extra fields functionality so integration without this is rather pointless

I strongly disagree, but can review adding a K2 model to CB Auto Actions to handle group add/remove.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3622

There is already id which is a unique key, can I add userID as a second unique key also ? or can we use id as the unique key but different from userID ?

It's safe to say that userID should be fine as a unique key, but I don't know; I didn't create K2 so I don't know what adverse affects this could have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #207232 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
I add to this thread another consideration.
With K2 Group the user is enabled to use the editor in the frontend or to edit not only the own articles.

Bye

10 years 11 months ago #226455 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
Hi people,

I would like also to have that integration!

did you guys found a solution for that, depending on the cbsubs plan, the k2 user is added to a k2 user group, and when finish this plan, he is out of this group!

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn