[#3665] CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208826 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways

Date field (which is even closing the 1st tab, leaving only the tab title. But clicking on the tab title, tab it's again displayed), button field and maybe more?

Something isn't configured right. It should remove the tab entirely and not just the tab contents. You're not hiding the tab then, but are hiding all the fields in it. Please provide the conditional configuration of the field causing problems.

Profile View doesn't dynamically show/hide, it'll take a page reload for it to take affect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #208886 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways

Something isn't configured right. It should remove the tab entirely and not just the tab contents. You're not hiding the tab then, but are hiding all the fields in it. Please provide the conditional configuration of the field causing problems.

Was not speaking about the tab that was supposed to be hidden, but about the 1st tab containing the field whose value has to hide the 2nd tab.

Implicated elements of the configuration:

Tab-1 (Contact Info)
Field-1 Gender (DD 1 select - Male/Female) - Required - Has no conditions

Tab-2 (Info perso) - Condition: Hidden if Field-1 = Female (Reg./Edit/View enabled as two-way)
Field-2 Birthdate (date) - Required - Has no conditions
Field-3 Reg.type (dd 1 select - Private/Company) - Required - Has Conditions when his value = Private to Shown + Required Field-4
Field-4 Job (dd 1 select - Trainer/No trainer)

Case 1:
Field-1 = Female > Tab-2 well hidden, but with Field-2 (still empty) => 'on save' tab-1 show just title (as if we were showing a mistery Tab-2) - see tab-1_closed.png
Can see it again clicking on the tab title but save button is desactivated - see tab-1_open.png

Case 2:
Field-1 = Female > Tab-2 well hidden with Field-2 (not empty), Field-3 selected on Private (=> shows + required Field-4) but Field-4 (nothing selected) => 'on save', requires Field-4 - see job_in Hidden Tab.png

Provisional solution:
Condition in field-1, when his value = Female, to set Non-required all the required fields of Tab-2
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #209153 by nicophp
Did you tried it?

Now have also noticed that in registration step by step, the supposed to be hidden tab is not hidden but is only hiding his fields.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209204 by krileon
Show/Hide of tabs seams to be working fine. You've conflicting conditions. You're telling a tab to hide and thus hide all the fields and set all fields as non-required, but you've a field telling another field on that tab that it needs to show and be required.

I could not confirm your issue. The only issue I could find was the Step wasn't hiding in step by step when hiding a tab, which found and fixed cause of this for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209676 by nicophp

Show/Hide of tabs seams to be working fine. You've conflicting conditions. You're telling a tab to hide and thus hide all the fields and set all fields as non-required, but you've a field telling another field on that tab that it needs to show and be required.

I understand that it would be a conflict but only if that field is selected to the value telling the other field on that tab to be shown and 'required' (which was not the case in my test and in that case there are no conflicts)

As I don't know where the real problem is coming from, I have taken the time to quickly make a test,setting up another web based on a fresh installation of Joomla 2.5.6 (without any other extensions) + CB Quickstart PRO 1.0.3 package + CBconditional 1.8.8.
- have set joomla to Atomic - Default template
- have added a 'Gender' field (select) in the 'Contact Info' tab
- have created a 'Personal Info' tab with a single required text field: 'Job'
- have put a condition (only condition of the whole CB, so no conflict) in the 'Personal Info' tab to be hidden if 'Gender' = Female

But, when saving (in Edit profile mode or Registration mode), with 'Gender' = Female, the system is still giving me an error message (see screenshot)

Now, to be fair, this 'Required' flag problem is not that important to me, as for reset purpose (caring for clean DB), I will still have to work on field conditions
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209729 by krileon
Aha, was able to confirm your issue. Your last post was very helpful in duplicating. Will review and fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3681

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn