[#3783] Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted

11 years 5 months ago #215094 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Re: Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted
Yes, all set as you suggested and the plugin is and was enabled.

I increased the PHP memory limit on the server to 256M which is why it has changed.

The debug reporting works fine around the site until I click the Activity menu link or enable the tab on profile pages when there is a 20 second delay, the browser screen then goes blank and merely shows the message above.

Sorry to be a pain!

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted
Are you able to access CB Activity backend from CB > Plugin Management > CB Activity? If so is there any Activity logged? How many entries? Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215106 by Buzz50
Thanks again Kyle, I have PM'd you a login.

26,742 activity entries

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215118 by krileon

26,742 activity entries

That'd be the problem. That's 26 thousand database rows and access permission checks. I've never tested that many before and you'd need to customize the database table with some optimized specific indexes.

I'll need to implement a "Prune" feature to remove old entries for it to remain optimized. For now you may want to go in and mass delete a bunch of those entries (do directly from database for best performance). You're logging basically everything and you've some users updating their profile 5-6 times in a row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215122 by Buzz50
Thanks Kyle, great support as usual.

I deleted all but around 1,000 activities and it is working fine.

I may set a daily CRON job for now to prune the table and then add some indexes.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215126 by krileon
I've added some more indexing, major caching improvements (was determined the access permission checks were the cause), and will also be adding pruning. So far with over 10,000 entries it's performing quite well. So next release should be much more optimized. I've added the below bug ticket regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3783

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzz50

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn