[#3802] Fatal error: Allowed memory size bytes exhausted <SOLVED .. kinda>

11 years 5 months ago #215677 by cberry1971
CB progress field... now what? does that really take that much ram?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215752 by krileon
No, it shouldn't. Try removing the fields it reports progress on 1 by 1 until it resolves as it could be a certain field it's trying to grab causing performance problems (probably infinite loop of some sort).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215805 by cberry1971
sorry I am not used to the memory usage troubleshooting stuff. Do i look at the memory usage as in the (before and after publish) screenshots?

If so, the progress only pushes things up from 48mb to 50mb (is that alot)?? I don't know but it seems like uninstalling it just gave me the headroom to avoid the fatal error but is not causing the fatal error
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #215832 by krileon

sorry I am not used to the memory usage troubleshooting stuff. Do i look at the memory usage as in the (before and after publish) screenshots?

Yes.

If so, the progress only pushes things up from 48mb to 50mb (is that alot)?? I don't know but it seems like uninstalling it just gave me the headroom to avoid the fatal error but is not causing the fatal error

Then it's not consuming a mass amount of memory. 2mb isn't very much for a plugin that parses fields and users through. CB Progress Field likely isn't the cause in this case, but maybe it's triggering something that is (a certain fieldtype, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215901 by cberry1971
I went thru each field 1 by 1 and nothing was of note.

The issue is that when I turn on the progress field plugin and create the issue (try to update a user profile), it gives me the Fatal Error message on a white screen and I loose the joomla debug consol at the bottom. Therefore, I have no way of seeing the amount memory taken by this plugin and whether it is the culprit.

any thoughts are greatly appreciated. This thing has me running in circles.

The screenshot of what i see is on my very first post (that is all i see.. no debug consol at the bottom).

11 years 5 months ago #215946 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: cberry1971

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn