Fixed end date for a free trial

9 years 8 months ago #247451 by andrew432
Fixed end date for a free trial was created by andrew432
Is it possible to set an absolute end date for a free trial period on an subscription in initial validity duration? I need to add a free trial to an existing plan from today until Friday 9th January 2015 for example.

I can change the duration in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.plugin.xml but can't figure out how to have a fixed date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew

Joomla 2.5.22, standard SEF URL's with suffix, CB 1.9.1, Groupjive, CB Subs 3.0.0, Auto Actions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fixed end date for a free trial
No, durations are always relative to purchase date. I don't think you can have fixed date even with changes to the XML file. You could try setting the duration to "This and next calendar year" then set the the "Start date of calendar year" to January 9th. Then ensure the plan doesn't allow renewals and when it comes January 9th unpublish the plan or add conditionals on the Workflows tab to ensure it isn't accessible beyond your date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247544 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Fixed end date for a free trial
Thanks, I tried this but it always adds the next year "7 August 2014 - 8 January 2016 Active, expiring on 08/01/2016"

Is there a way to change the year to 2015? I looked at auto actions but it doen't seem to have the option, would it work if I changed all 08/01/2016 to 08/01/2015 directly in the database, or would that screw things up?

Regards,
Andrew

9 years 8 months ago #247553 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Fixed end date for a free trial
It works if I set it up normally as a free trial, I just set it for 24 hours free, then just change the date by editing as in www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/222350-altering-expiry-dates#232395

Once expired it then goes to a fixed one year paid membership which is required.

These memberships are manually approved, so this is feasible, but it would be much better if I could use an auto action that sets the expiry date maybe upon approval.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Andrew

9 years 8 months ago #247568 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fixed end date for a free trial
You could use CBSubs SQL Actions and on the active state change the expiration date of the users subscription. Since you can substitute in the subscription ID this should be a relatively simple update query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn