[SOLVED] [#4599] the 2.0 installer is buggy [On Git Installs]

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247577 by carin
In order to be able to install 2.0 I had to alter checkRequirements() in pkg_install.php by deleting checkGit. What happened in the office on the day you came up with that idea??? :S

Don't you think this should be the responisibility of the admin to decide where the extension should be installed? I vote for either deleting that in future releases or at least make it an option on the install screen.

cheers

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247598 by beat
Hi Carin,

We have put that as a safety check for our developers installations, to avoid to install a package overwriting a git repository. Be reassured and keep calm, we didn't invent that check in our office. Many other extensions do similar (e.g. Kunena).

But I can see use-cases where a site is git-versioned and it makes full sense to install over a git checkout.

Fortunately, the error message is quite clear, and easy to grep, and would affect only knowledgeable developers.

I will improve that check to avoid checking for Joomla being git-versioned, but only CB itself when versioned through an aliased folder. Will do that hopefully for for next RC. :)

Thanks for the feedback, which allowed idea to improve this safety-check.

I've added a feature-tracker for it here: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4599

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 8 months ago #247802 by beat
Thanks again for the feedback which lead to our improvement suggestion. Issue solved as described for next RC and Stable.

Marked as solved.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 5 months ago #253572 by carin
still not solved in 2.0.3

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago #254612 by beat
Revisited the fix and it should now be solved for good (for all Joomla git checkouts) in latest CB 2.0.4 nightly build (available to all paid members) and the next 2.0.5 release:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/cat_view/56-advanced-member-download-area

Please confirm if it works for you.

9 years 4 months ago #254626 by carin
finally fixed, thanks

CB 2.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn