[#5643] Multiple Image Uploads at Registration

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274445 by tjohns92109
I need to have 2 individual image upload fields at registration (required). But when they're set to required and I select the 2 files, it gives me an error:

Error
Upload Your Driver's License, State ID or Government Picture ID: : This Field is required
Upload FAA Certification or your FAA Authorization : This Field is required

But if I turn off 'required' on the fields, they work with no error.

I've checked the console and don't see any errors. This is on CB 2.0.12 and Joomla 3.4.5.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274522 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Multiple Image Uploads at Registration

tjohns92109 wrote: I need to have 2 individual image upload fields at registration (required). But when they're set to required and I select the 2 files, it gives me an error:

Error
Upload Your Driver's License, State ID or Government Picture ID: : This Field is required
Upload FAA Certification or your FAA Authorization : This Field is required

But if I turn off 'required' on the fields, they work with no error.

I've checked the console and don't see any errors. This is on CB 2.0.12 and Joomla 3.4.5.

Hmmm, I just tested with latest CB nightly and added 2 required image fields and everything worked ok here.

Please install latest CB nightly from here and retest:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjohns92109

8 years 4 months ago #274841 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Multiple Image Uploads at Registration
Thanks for that! I'll give it a try after I back everything up and let you know if that worked.

8 years 4 months ago #274904 by nant

tjohns92109 wrote: Thanks for that! I'll give it a try after I back everything up and let you know if that worked.

ok
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjohns92109

8 years 4 months ago #275009 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Multiple Image Uploads at Registration
That worked to fix the main issue. It did create some other issues. I instantly noticed that the descriptions are not showing now on the registration form and also the connections tab is missing from the profiles. I'll see if I can dig deeper before posting...

Okay... the connections tab isn't displaying because the status was changed to 'disabled' in the configuration. Also the icons were changed to show on top and bottom (instead of 'hidden' like it was set before the upgrade). Also found the settings had changed on the display of icons in the configuration from 'display only description text and required icon' to 'all icons'.

So, everything's good. Thought you should know those settings change when you upgrade. Probably scares some people when they upgrade (it did me a little haha).

Thanks again for suggesting the nightly build, Nant.

Tim

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275031 by nant

tjohns92109 wrote:
Okay... the connections tab isn't displaying because the status was changed to 'disabled' in the configuration. Also the icons were changed to show on top and bottom (instead of 'hidden' like it was set before the upgrade). Also found the settings had changed on the display of icons in the configuration from 'display only description text and required icon' to 'all icons'.

That should not be happening.

Opened bug ticket for this.
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5643

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn