[#5631] How to set group so that events are only displayed to people inside the group (ie not to non-group members)?

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274493 by timstohr
The problem is that I need all the other groups to have the events that are visible to everybody... How do I do that?

It used to work with the old GJ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274524 by nant

timstohr wrote: The problem is that I need all the other groups to have the events that are visible to everybody... How do I do that?

It used to work with the old GJ...

Looks like there is no way to configure such an ACL view for events tab of group.

I have opened a ticket #5631 for investigation for a future release.

8 years 4 months ago #275175 by krileon
Group tab access is based off group access. There will not be ACL added for group tabs. The additional parameters were a massive source of confusion for a large amount of our userbase. GJ has been simplified to be easier to use.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275245 by timstohr
OK different question then... how do I hide a group from the view of registered UNLESS the person has checked that they are female in their profile?

I need to keep lecherous, sex-hungry male users out of the "Girls Only" group (ie I need to hide "Wall" and "Events" BUT I am also using the group overview... I would like the group to be still visible but for the girls to be able to organise their proper events.

8 years 4 months ago #275272 by krileon
Change the group to invite only or place it in a category where the ACL only allows females to access its groups. Alternatively you can use CB Auto Actions to act on gj_onBeforeDisplayGroup with a Redirect action and User set to User. You'd then condition their gender and redirect away as needed. You can use [var2_id] to condition against a specific group based off its id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275275 by timstohr
Uuh I like the possibility to condition and re-direct. Hadnt thought about this, will use it...

Regarding Category, that would solve the problem neatly as well. will try it out.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn