making a community like linkedin

6 years 2 months ago #302151 by Yaghouti
making a community like linkedin was created by Yaghouti
hi
i want to make settings like linkedin (or facebook) so members post on wall or... and all these posts should be display in the first page so when somebody opens the first page he can see posts from different members
regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic making a community like linkedin
Install CB Activity and move the Activity tab to be ordered first on their profile. Out of the box it provides a per profile activity stream. You'll be able to see your Connections activity as well when viewing your profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #302187 by Yaghouti
Replied by Yaghouti on topic making a community like linkedin
hi :)
frankly talking i'm confused ;)
is there any instruction? PDF? toturial.. like this?
thanks for reply

6 years 2 months ago #302193 by krileon
If you're new to CB and unfamiliar with installing CB plugins please download and read our CB Primer Book found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

We also have several videos below to help you get familiar with CB.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302411 by Yaghouti
Replied by Yaghouti on topic making a community like linkedin
Hi
i have moved the activity tab to the first order in the profile view but still it doesn't show any activity from my connections. what i see in profile first tab is a text box containing "whats on your mind?", how many days you are in this CB, when was your last login but there is not anything related to activities of my connections such as their blog posts....
thanks

6 years 1 month ago #302423 by krileon
CB Activity doesn't log activity. You need to have CB Auto Actions installed then navigate to CB Auto Actions > System Actions and publish any of the activity logging system actions that you want. By default most will be published. Those will log various activities as they happen. If you don't have that then it's just a stream that displays whatever you or your connections directly post on your streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn