'Batch' run a list and pipe it to email???

6 years 2 months ago #302310 by fribse2011
'Batch' run a list and pipe it to email??? was created by fribse2011
Is it possible to schedule a list view from CRON, and pipe the output to an email somehow from within CB?
I have a list I need to get out of the system, before we unsubscribe members, and this year we forgot, so we had to do a lot of manual work, it would be cool to just make a CRON job that did this the day before the unsubscribe process goes ahead.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 'Batch' run a list and pipe it to email???
Can you be more specific as to what you mean by pipe it to email. You want to take the results of a userlist and email it? results of a database query and email it? There's basically little you can't do with CB Auto Actions so a CRON endpoint is certainly doable, but it depends on your coding ability as you likely need to use a Code action to do all this. You can probably also setup mailers in CBSubs Mailer (CC or BCC) or emails using CBSubs Emails to be sent to you before a user is expired.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302371 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic 'Batch' run a list and pipe it to email???
I know with the AutoActions, it's seriously the best invention since the wheel :-)
But yes, my hope was that I could somehow take the output from a user-list, and send it as an email, and have it triggered by a CRON.
As a volunteer driven club we have a few yearly reportings we have to make regarding members, but it's important that these numbers are reported at the correct time, and this year we forgot to pull the list at the right time, so the numbers were wrong.
I don't have CBSubs, our diving club is very small, and we can't afford that.
My coding capabilities are so-so, I have done a few forms with PHP that calls CB functions, but that's about the gist of it.
The 'list' is actually made in an article, and consists of 6 CB lists, combined into one.
The lists are called with the "Components Anywhere" from Regular Labs.
My first attempt was to create a newsletter, and add the article to that, but the "components anywhere" plugin is not triggered to create the lists.

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 1 month ago #302396 by krileon
Without strong PHP ability it won't be possible to do that. A trigger does exist for userlists that gives you the array of users found, but you need to code looping them and creating an email body from all of that. CB Auto Actions can loop them, but it's going to send an email per user and I suspect that's not what you're wanting. Have you tried using something like AcyMailing to send a newsletter as it should have the ability to parse through Joomla content prepare plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302500 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic 'Batch' run a list and pipe it to email???
Unfortunately the 'Component Anywhere' can't be triggered from within Acymailing, and I'm not sure if there are other ways to place a CB list in an article?

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 1 month ago #302515 by krileon
You could try using an iframe I suppose, but that's not a snapshot of your userlist. That'd just be your userlist rendering in the email if the email doesn't get blocked due to having an iframe.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn