Problem with HTML in Welcome email body Config

5 years 10 months ago #305285 by fredc15
Hi,

I have just started getting an error when adding an html message to the Welcome Email Body area in the configuration page for registration.

I've updated and test all other setting on this page and have isolated to problem to this area only. When I add new html to this field and save, the entire registration configuration goes back to default settings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305291 by krileon
Works fine in my tests. Most likely your server has mod_security enabled and whatever HTML you're trying to add is triggering it. You can try setting it back to its default language key YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE then use language overrides as shown below to override it.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

If it's mod_security doing it though it probably won't work there either and your only option is to contact your host or try using less security issue prone HTML (e.g. iframes or script tags in the message body).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 10 months ago #305319 by fredc15
Ok that's good but

1. the same email is being used on the production site on the same domain/server with no problems.
2. Putting the same email in the Pending Body section doesn't do anything.

I was working fine a few days ago

how do i check mod_security?

5 years 10 months ago #305322 by krileon

1. the same email is being used on the production site on the same domain/server with no problems.

Have you tried using the language override usage instead of directly adding to CB > Configuration > Registration parameters?

2. Putting the same email in the Pending Body section doesn't do anything.

What do you mean it doesn't do anything? It doesn't error and reset the parameter back to its previous value?

how do i check mod_security?

Check server error logs or contact your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn