Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc.

5 years 10 months ago #305776 by nuimage
Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc. was created by nuimage
1. I tried the horizontal default and the bootstrap but it doesn't change. I found a solved support ticket here, but it doesn't say where to put the float left code and while I am good at following instructions, I don't know where in that .php file I should put the code.
Can you please give me the code and the exact place to put it? I attached the image.

2. Also, I added the translate addon and it shows at the same place after logging in as the "Hi, Name" and the logout button.Is it possible to put it lower? I attached in image.

3. The logo is at a different place before and after logging in.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305800 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc.

1. I tried the horizontal default and the bootstrap but it doesn't change. I found a solved support ticket here, but it doesn't say where to put the float left code and while I am good at following instructions, I don't know where in that .php file I should put the code.
Can you please give me the code and the exact place to put it? I attached the image.

There's no code needed. Simply set the module to use a horizontal layout. For Joomla 3.x use the Bootstrap layouts. For Joomla 2.x use the default layouts. Your issue isn't with the module or its layouts, but your template not having enough space to display the module horizontally.

2. Also, I added the translate addon and it shows at the same place after logging in as the "Hi, Name" and the logout button.Is it possible to put it lower? I attached in image.

Within your CB Login Module disable "Show Greeting" under Logout Options and for "Logout Post-text" use "Hi, [username]".

3. The logo is at a different place before and after logging in.

No idea, contact the developer of your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305829 by nuimage
Replied by nuimage on topic Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc.
This is your template.Everything is yours. The software and the template. I got the template to avoid this issues. Can you fix my problem or should I post this in the template forum or should I just get another template.

Btw, I also made the template 200px wider. No difference.

This is what the login looks like after making the template width change and taking out the text.

The logo is still at different places. It's your template.
Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #305832 by nuimage
Replied by nuimage on topic Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc.
Ok, so the logo image that I put in the template is not showing.
The logo that I put in Position-1, that is the one that is moving to the right after logging in. The module. Your template. MyCommunity template.

5 years 10 months ago #305864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Horizontal Login in Position-0, etc.
You are trying to use the positions in the template for things it was never intended for. position-0 is for the search input. It doesn't have enough space to display the login module. position-1 is for the top menu bar navigation. It isn't for the logo, which the template specifically has parameters for (e.g. "Text/Image Logo" parameter). Use position-7 or position-8 for vertical login modules and probably have to use position-2 for horizontal unless you don't intend on having a top menu bar navigation then place horizontal login module in position-1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn