Cb Gallery view

5 years 8 months ago #306840 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb Gallery view

2) upload size video still persists (and I tried before with "0" for unlimited size, but 10 MB does not work either)

What parameter are you changing exactly? For Videos you can globally adjust the allowed file size within CB Gallery > Parameters > Videos > Validation. For the profile gallery it can also be overridden specifically for that gallery by editing the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management.

to the template, how to figure out what I could do? any advise to look into what direction? I am using the less allrounder template...

My guess is your template is applying custom styling to Bootstraps .row or .col-SIZE classes, which is breaking the flexbox grid. You'll need to contact the developer of your template regarding this. I can take a quick look to suggest a possible workaround if URL is provided to the gallery displaying incorrectly, which you can PM the URL and login credentials if they're required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306841 by kolvi
Replied by kolvi on topic Cb Gallery view

krileon wrote:

2) upload size video still persists (and I tried before with "0" for unlimited size, but 10 MB does not work either)

What parameter are you changing exactly? For Videos you can globally adjust the allowed file size within CB Gallery > Parameters > Videos > Validation. For the profile gallery it can also be overridden specifically for that gallery by editing the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management.

I changed within CB Gallery Plugin > parameters > Videos > to "0" and I tried to larger 10MB; in Tab Management all was listed to "as global" (and I tired specific there as well)

... any other Joomla setting overriding?

krileon wrote: My guess is your template is applying custom styling to Bootstraps .row or .col-SIZE classes, which is breaking the flexbox grid. You'll need to contact the developer of your template regarding this. I can take a quick look to suggest a possible workaround if URL is provided to the gallery displaying incorrectly, which you can PM the URL and login credentials if they're required.

I am working offline with this and I want to have it correct before publishing; I will check with the template developer; if this does not help, I will enable online and see how it works and I may come to you with login data.

thanks!!
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #306844 by kolvi
UPDATE:

(1) solved - the picture and video upload works now on the live website (still does not on my ssl localserver)

(2) for the preview pictures and gallery I meanwhile provided access to the template developer; once he replies and pending subject I will send you the same test user login data. If nothing works, I may use for CB profiles another template...

thanks Norbert

5 years 8 months ago #306847 by kolvi
To the topic of the small pre-views of gallery:

According to the template developer research he thinks, that primarily the height is incorrect calculated. All parts are defined with height:100% but he has no idea to what item these 100% are correlated - he assumes that somewhere has to be a definition of the 100%.
Next remark was, that if he resizes the windows to smaller, the pictures will become larger - why he has no clue and he assumes somewhere could be a @media Query triggering.
Basically his template is - as protostar - a bootstrap 2.3 based template and CB templates are bootstrap 4? - not always compatible.

I would like to ask that you check the issue from your perspective on the live site, data per PM

Best regards

Norbert

5 years 8 months ago #306860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb Gallery view
The height is not incorrectly calculated. It's using flexbox with percent padding (the :before element) to create a perfectly squared box based off the width. It will not conflict with a standard Bootstrap 2 or 3 install. If Bootstrap 2 or 3 has been modified however then I've no clue what'll happen as I can't account for those modifications. It has been tested with Joomlas protostar template force loading Bootstrap 2 and again force loading Bootstrap 3 to account for conflicts.

Having reviewed your install it's due to the below CSS coming from your Joomla template.

IN: /templates/lessallrounder/css/template17.css
ON: Line 7725
.col-6 {
    -webkit-column-count: 6;
    -moz-column-count: 6;
    column-count: 6;
    -webkit-column-gap: 20px;
    -moz-column-gap: 20px;
    column-gap: 20px;
}

Your template is trying to force flexbox column count styling on Bootstrap col size classes. It should not be doing this. Column usage isn't supposed to be on the columns of a flexbox row and should be on the container (which would be .row, but as .row is there it shouldn't be applied there either). The entire below chunk of CSS should be removed.

IN: /templates/lessallrounder/css/template17.css
ON: Line 7693 - 7758
.col-2 {
	-webkit-column-count: 2;
	-moz-column-count: 2;
	column-count: 2;
}
.col-3 {
	-webkit-column-count: 3;
	-moz-column-count: 3;
	column-count: 3;
}
.col-4 {
	-webkit-column-count: 4;
	-moz-column-count: 4;
	column-count: 4;
}
.col-5 {
	-webkit-column-count: 5;
	-moz-column-count: 5;
	column-count: 5;
}
.col-6 {
	/* -webkit-column-count: 6; */
	-moz-column-count: 6;
	/* column-count: 6; */
	/* -webkit-column-gap: 20px; */
	/* column-gap: 20px; */
}
@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 979px) {
	.col-4,
	.col-5,
	.col-6 {
		-webkit-column-count: 3;
		-moz-column-count: 3;
		column-count: 3;
	}
}
@media (max-width: 767px) {
	.col-2,
	.col-3,
	.col-4,
	.col-5,
	.col-6 {
		-webkit-column-count: 1;
		-moz-column-count: 1;
		column-count: 1;
	}
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, kolvi

5 years 8 months ago #306865 by kolvi
Thanks a lot for further investigating, I will check with the developer the effects.

best regards

norbert

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds