how to find user in subJgroup?

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309295 by saman2
how to find user in subJgroup? was created by saman2
hi.
i have Jgroup A that parent of Jgroup B and C
some user is in C and some is in B
how can i find all of that in CB search in backend in the User managment. (without create CBlist)
it is simplified of my problem in fact i have more than C and B ....i have 5 subgroup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how to find user in subJgroup?

how can i find all of that in CB search in backend in the User managment. (without create CBlist)

Click "Search Tools" and use the usergroup search filter. It's a multi-select and its exact matching. So if you select 3 usergroups it'll find all users with at least one of those usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309317 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to find user in subJgroup?

krileon wrote: So if you select 3 usergroups it'll find all users with at least one of those usergroups.

my manager don't understand what group is subgroup and maybe i forget my relation of Jgroups.
i have many Jgroups(more than 50 Jgroup) i can not remind all of that.have you any easier solution?

5 years 4 months ago #309332 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. It doesn't matter how many groups you have. Simply select them in the filter if you want to display users with those usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309341 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to find user in subJgroup?
i have many Jgroup with child/parent relationship. more than 50 Jgroup and i can not still in mind those relationship , in fact i my Jgroup in joomla is grow and each month add to my joomla and maybe in the next year i have 200 Jgroup. and i have some administrators they can not still in their mind group relationship. what is your suggest to implement a way to find user in subgroups?(other than select subgroup name)

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309345 by krileon
I suggest not using that many Joomla usergroups. There's no reason your usergroups should be growing like that. The more you have the more you're going to slow down the ACL checks, which are used literally everywhere in Joomla, CB, etc.. Suggest reevaluate why you need that many and consider an alternative approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn