Rather unfortunate feature missing...

4 years 4 months ago #315616 by timstohr
Rather unfortunate feature missing... was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have just used the batch tool and all it said is the Joomla group and then process. I thought it would add the user to that group... But no, what it did is that it changed EVERYONES user group to REGISTERED, including the SuperUser....
That means I am effectively logged out of my site...

Any way how to change it?

Kind regards
Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rather unfortunate feature missing...
Super user is the only one allowed to change their own usergroup so yes if you select your user and do that it's going to do as you told it to. Beyond that I don't understand what you mean by changing everyone. It only changes the users selected (via the checkbox far left). To fix your user you'll have to manually reassign Super Users within the _user_usergroup_map table; the default group id for Super Users is 8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315620 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Rather unfortunate feature missing...
Yes it does, but there may some idiot users (like me) who do not think about this or who think that CB will stop them from deleting the only super user role that is inside the site...

4 years 4 months ago #315622 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rather unfortunate feature missing...
You can't delete the user, but you're certainly allowed to edit your self. Joomla won't stop you either within Joomla user manager. Just be careful with what you're doing when doing batch operations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn