Login Redirection not working as configured

4 years 2 months ago #316771 by 3by400Inc
Joomla 3.9.15
CB 2.4.3 - nightly build as of 2/20/2020

We have the login module configured with a blank value for the Login Redirection URL field, and according to the tooltip that should default to a reload of the current page. However, after login we're redirected back to the homepage ... or sometimes even a random page of the site. We checked that the CB system plugin is enabled and public and all the settings within that plugin are enabled. We also tried changing the order of that plugin to be first and then we tried making it last, but no change.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login Redirection not working as configured
It returns them to the page they logged in on if it can. If they're being sent to the login page then it can only return them if whatever sent them to the login page includes &return=ENCODED_URL in its URL. The plugin doesn't have anything to do with the module returning them. It's not possible for it to send them to a random page; it grabs the URL they are currently on, encodes it, and includes it in the POST data of the login attempt so it can return them to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316788 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Login Redirection not working as configured
When we login using the module the current page isn't being reloaded. We're redirected to the homepage after a login via the module on any other page. In what instance(s) would the module not be able to reload the logged-in user to the current page, other than a permission setting?

I mentioned the plugin because other forum posts related to login redirection had the support seeker check that plugin to make sure it was enabled, public and that the Redirect URL settings were enabled.

Oh, also, concerning the random page... during my troubleshooting, on several test runs, I would login via the module and then I would be redirected to a page of the site that I had not visited at all - once it was a random Kunena single forum post, another time it was a JCal Pro calendar month view for February 2023.

4 years 2 months ago #316789 by krileon
Only reason for it to fail is the login redirect URL within the module isn't empty or you've something installed that's either acting on CB or Joomla login trigger and causing a redirect. For example CB Auto Actions acting on login trigger with a Redirect action. Another option is login redirect configured on a per-plan basis within CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316790 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Login Redirection not working as configured
We don't have CBSubs or CB Auto Actions installed on this particular site.

Here are the form's hidden values:

name="option" value="com_comprofiler"
name="view" value="login"
name="op2" value="login"
name="return" value="B:aHR0cHM6Ly90cmVlY2xpbWJpbmcuY29tL2ZvcnVtL2NsaW1iaW5nLXN0YW5kYXJkcy1hbmQtZXRoaWNzLzEzNjk0MC1jbGltYmluZy10cmVlc3RhbmQtcXVlc3Rpb24="
name="message" value="0"
name="loginfrom" value="loginform"
name="cbsecuritym3" value="cbm_41149a5a_6a282525_13334ad35f257bfb83db33be3e3c6e7f"

4 years 2 months ago #316805 by krileon
Then you've something else installed causing the redirect. The return value is in the module POST so it should return to that URL, which is as follows.

DOMAIN/forum/climbing-standards-and-ethics/136940-climbing-treestand-question

Note the domain in the return URL is missing www. If you're viewing the site with www then you likely have a configuration issue with live_site in configuration.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn