[SOLVED] Problem with HTTPS being forced

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319096 by autobahn
Joomla 3.9.19
CB 2.4.5

I don’t know if this is a CB problem or not.

We have HTTPS forced on our entire live site (server setting) which is fine, and indeed desirable. I downloaded an Akeeba backup and used it to install a local copy of the site in XAMPP on my Windows PC using Kickstart.

The restore using Kickstart includes an option to override the server setting so that the forcing to HTTPS doesn’t occur. However, when I try to log in on the front-end using the CB login module HTTPS is being prepended to the link as in https://localhost:8080/testsite/index.php/cb-login and, obviously, I get an error (Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG).

I do not have an SSL certificate for my XXAMPP/Apache setup so don’t use HTTPS on my test site; I have checked that Force HTTPS in the Joomla configuration is set to None. I am at a loss to know what to do to prevent the forced HTTPS when logging in, even though I have spent hours searching for an answer.

Is there a setting I should be changing somewhere in CB and/or CBSubs that I have overlooked? I have looked everywhere I could think of and found nothing.

I wouldn’t know what to change in a XAMPP file e.g. htaccess.

I don’t have any problem logging in to the backend.

At the moment I am considering taking the live site offline, turning off the force HTTPS setting, then taking a backup to try another restore on my local installation before turning the server setting back on. As things stand, I have a virtually unusable test site.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with HTTPS being forced
Edit your CB Login Module in Extensions > Modules and under "Login and Logout Options" set "Encrypt Login Form" to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

3 years 10 months ago #319113 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Problem with HTTPS being forced
Glory be that fixed it. I am more grateful than you could possibly know!

I shall add this information to the cheat sheet I keep for when I have to do this exercise!

Many, many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn