[SOLVED] Display problem with cb_gallery into the profile tab

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #320005 by Joerg12
Hello,

there is a display problem with the CB gallery into the profiles and unfortunately I don't know what to do.

I set up a tab "cb-gallery" into the user profiles.
This tab is displayed correctly for every user.

If a user creates a new picture folder, it is ONLY visible to the owner and the admin.
All other users cannot see the album and photos into other users' profiles.
They can see only "This gallery is currently empty", but it isn't empty!
The albums and photos are all set to "published".
The authorizations are everywhere set to "Registered".

Why does a user can't see albums and pictures from other users?

I don't know where to look anymore.
I'm asking for help.

Greetings
Joerg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #320009 by krileon
Did you enable the CB Privacy System Actions in CB Auto Actions for CB Gallery allowing privacy controls on CB Gallery media? If so the privacy rules are likely what is blocking access. Edit the media and you should see the privacy selector if this is the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #320032 by Joerg12
Hello,

no i don't use the cb_privacy system.

It is not longer installed.

Greetings
Joerg.

3 years 8 months ago #320034 by krileon
Do you have "Approval" set to "Enable" within CB Gallery > Parameters > Albums > Create? If so then album creation requires moderator approval and you should see a link to approve the album in the CB Workflows module. Approval can also be enabled on a per-media type under their parameters Media > Type (e.g. Photos) tab. Are profiles even accessible to users? This can be checked within CB > Configuration > User Profile where "Profile View Access Level" should be set to Public or Registered. This appears to be working fine in my tests locally and our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #320093 by Joerg12
Hello,

i dont use any approval with photos or albums.
Every user can see another users profile.
Profile view is set to "Registered".

cb_privacy is disabled

If i try to open a user album into a profile with a mouse click, then appears "Not authorized".
I can't see the content of a album although i am Admin....

I logged in with another username and i tried to open my own album and i saw the same "Not authorized".

I am very very confused......

Greetings
Joerg

3 years 8 months ago #320105 by krileon
Seeing "Not authorized" means albums are disabled. I've no idea how you managed to configure things to show the album while they are not accessible. That shouldn't be possible unless a menu item is overriding the profile gallery parameters once you navigate into the gallery. If you don't want albums just turn them off globally within CB Gallery > Parameters > Albums.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn