CB Activity as commenting system?

3 years 6 months ago #321027 by sirweb
CB Activity as commenting system? was created by sirweb
I´m not sute, but I Think I read quite a while ago that it is possible to use CB Activity as a commenting system for Joomla core articles, bit I cannot find that article now.
Could that be right?
If so, is there a tutorial how to set up CB Activity for that purpose?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #321029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity as commenting system?
Yup, CB Activity can certainly be used as a commenting system. For Joomla articles specifically edit the "Content - CB Activity" plugin in Extensions > Plugins then under Comments tab you can enable commenting. Under Commenting and Likes you can add Joomla context exclusions as well if you don't want it outputting in certain views as well as inclusions if you want it to output in other locations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

3 years 6 months ago #321084 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic CB Activity as commenting system?
Thanks, Kyle.
It was very easy to get it up and running.
Have some fine tuning to do, for example see if it´s possible to reply on comments.

Thanks!

3 years 6 months ago #321102 by krileon
You can turn replies on under that same tab. You've fully control over the streams parameters from there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321181 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic CB Activity as commenting system?
One little setting i don´t find.
I want to keep only Thumb up and skip the other icons when liking a comment.
I have set to only use Like both in CB Activity and in the Joomla plugin.

Any suggestions?

3 years 5 months ago #321182 by krileon
Under the Comments tab of "Content - CB Activity" scroll until you reach the Likes section and adjust the Include/Exclude parameters as needed. If you mean the article Likes functionality then in the "Content - CB Activity" plugin click the Likes tab and adjust Include/Exclude there. Have confirmed this works perfectly fine. In your case specifically you only need to adjust Include and set it to Like. It should automatically suppress the pop-up mouseover and just be a like/unlike button toggle.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn