Private Messages Doesn't notifing users when All Users selected.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324114 by ayswest
I need Private Messages to send alert via email to users when a message is sent. Currently notifications only are sent when a specific user is selected, but not when I select All Users.

In Plugins -> Private message System -> Parameters -> Internal -> Notification
I have Notify "Yes (All Messages)"
From Name and Email blank
Include Message Enable
Offline Only Disable

Am I missing something that would allow a message to all users to generate a notification via email that they have a message?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324115 by nant

3 years 3 weeks ago #324117 by krileon
Sending a private message to all users doesn't assign a user as the recipient at all. This allows 1 database row to be visible to everyone. It has nobody to notify and your site emailing your entire userbase at once like that would likely just crash the site.

If you need to email everyone it's typically best to schedule that in a newsletter extension or preferably an external newsletter platform so it can properly batch process the emails. We currently do not have a built in email scheduler, but is something planned for CB 3.x so we can generate a queue of emails to process over time to prevent such an operation from crashing a site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324123 by ayswest
Thanks for you quick reply. I will stop trying to enable something that isn't available. :-{

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn