Support for Akeeba Loginguard?

3 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324309 by rbuelund
Support for Akeeba Loginguard? was created by rbuelund
I was wondering if it is possible to get CB to support the two factor login methods from Akeeba Loginguard? I believe they are based on the exact same structure as the core Joomla two-factor plugins as they are made by the same person - but only the core Joomla two-factot plugins are shown on a CB profile, where all (also methods from loginguard) are shown on the Core Joomla user profile ?

Loginguard: github.com/akeeba/loginguard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #324324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Support for Akeeba Loginguard?
If it's a standard Joomla 2FA plugin implementing standard Joomla 2FA plugin functions and code it should work perfectly fine with CB. We just call Joomla's own API for rendering the 2FA. Checking Github they created it as a "system" plugin and not a "twofactorauth" plugin so it will not work as it won't be output by Joomlas 2FA API. My guess is they're outputting the 2FA directly to Joomla profile edit and login module using their relevant Joomla events.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 weeks ago #324332 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Support for Akeeba Loginguard?
Ahh yes it is shown on its own pane on the Joomla user profile called "Two step verification" - it is not shown on the login module, as you first have to enter your username and password as usual and the the verification code box is shown afterwards - so it works a bit different than the two-factor verification - it is actually a bit more intuitive. It actually also works when loggin in with the CB module - it is just not shown on the CB prolfile. Would be really nice if it was integrated - I think a lot of people would like to use eg the SMS ability of this extension.

3 years 2 weeks ago #324333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Support for Akeeba Loginguard?
We've no plans to implement hardcoded support for 3rd party extensions into CB. They will need to create a CB plugin if they want that to output on CBs profile edit page. Alternatively they should develop their 2FA plugin as an actual Joomla 2FA plugin, which would work with CB and any extensions using Joomlas 2FA API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn