Advice regarding good - future proof - well supported - CB templates

2 years 10 months ago #325319 by pjfroelofs
We are using a joomla templates that supports CB called: Sirena theme.
The theme is really cool, build on the gantry5 framework.

I will list the best features later, but this template has some downsides:
-- support is not very good
-- updates are rare
-- and purchasing the latest versions requires bitcoins. Not very user friendly…

We are considering changing our CB template.
What we need;
-- modern clean slik design (basic design + user lists + userprofiles)
-- super mobile friendly
-- fully adaptable colors
-- integration with CB
--- nice login screen (example 1: slide panel on the left side)
--- login avatar (example 2: right bottom image)
--- pms alert (example 2: red number)

Example 1

Example 2

Does anybody have any thoughts on a ‘sexy’ template?

Cheers,
Patrick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325321 by krileon
Integration with CB shouldn't be required. As long as the template is Bootstrap 4 it can style CB in addition to it self. This assumes the template developer didn't, for reasons unknown to me some developers keep doing this, tamper with the core Bootstrap styles and break their behavior. If the template is Bootstrap 4 then you should be able to turn CBs Bootstrap off in CB > Configuration > Integrations.

An alternative is to use CB Template Changer and its built in Template Builder feature. This lets you restyle CBs template so its colors can better match your Joomla template.

Our login module is using Joomla CSS classes and structure so any template should be able to style it already. As for the position that's just an "offcanvas" module position that many templates have and just needs to have a login module placed in it.

That's just the login module. All you need is a module position then display the login module in it.

New PMS icon is built into CBs login module. Enable it then use some CSS to reposition it. You don't need a template specific integration for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325343 by pjfroelofs
Dear Krileon,

thanks for your swift reply.
Either you misunderstood my question, or my question was not clear enough.

I would like to have a list of some potential templates, that tick my requirements.

-- good support service
-- updated and future proof
-- modern clean slik design (basic design + user lists + userprofiles)
-- super mobile friendly
-- fully adaptable colors
-- integration with CB

Please advice,
regards Patrick

2 years 10 months ago #325346 by krileon
We don't have such a list. We don't develop templates at this time either. I can only comment regarding your tick boxes for integration with CB as I've done above. Any Bootstrap 4 template that fits your style should be sufficient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn