Latest update kills CB

2 years 8 months ago #325786 by kdave321
Latest update kills CB was created by kdave321
Just updated all to latest 1 hour ago. I haven't looked into the code yet but CB Profiles come up empty. Apparently a fatal PHP error which I found in the log:

[26-Jul-2021 15:59:27 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class HTML_cbinvitesTab, because the name is already in use in /usr/local/Joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/templates/mine/tab.php on line 18

"mine" of course is my modification of an older tab.php which apparently in no longer compatible.
It's great that you allow custom templates on these plugins, but somehow we have to be warned when this will happen. I just finished updating a dozen of my custom templates last month too. Kinda defeats the purpose...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Latest update kills CB
We're gradually updating plugins template systems to just flat PHP files like Joomla template files. We're still working to move all plugins to this new template output. Latest CB Invites stable release rewrote its template files to be just that and is why you're seeing errors.

With CB 3.x they'll be redone as Twig template files ideally and just be Joomla component layouts so you'll more safely be able to override them from Joomla template layout overrides. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

In the future I highly recommend updating a clone of your site, testing for stability, then updating live site only if the clone appears stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn