Quota

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325973 by matthewdavey
Quota was created by matthewdavey
I have made a few delimiter field tabs in profile. Users can paste things in as part of the profile.

How much megabytes can be stored for each users profile? Is the group jive separate?

I mean I can copy and paste pics and text in my tabs but how much can I copy and paste in each users profile and how will it stop me? I guess it just won't save if its over the quota?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325974 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Quota
Custom HTML fields don't have a limit. They're entirely admin controlled and you can put as content as you need in them. If you mean editor text area fields then they only have a limit if you supply one via its validation parameters. CB GroupJive storage is entirely separate from profile storage. Sorry, it's not entirely clear what exactly you're asking about.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325977 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Quota
Question
How do I insure the jce editor to not allow html that can hack the website? I have herd this can happen.
I want the users to be able to use as much as the jce editor functions as they can but I don't want the website to be hackable.
Thanks

2 years 8 months ago #325979 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Quota
The editor applies filtering as does CB during saving processes. We filter out dangerous HTML by default (e.g. it won't allow you to add an iframe or script). Typically however the only way to TRULY be safe is do not allow your users to supply HTML content. Is there a reason you need to allow access to HTML?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds