Updating profiles from administrative area problem

1 year 11 months ago #329491 by WyomingArts
When logged in as a Super Administrator on the administrator area, I am unable to edit the member profiles.

Super administrators are configured to edit the profiles in the configuration on this Joomla 4 installation. Latest CB version is installed.

Try to edit. Can access the profile and make changes. But when trying to save changes, the screen immediately goes to the main Joomla control panel. Changes to the profile are not saved.

The Joomla 4 installation is currently being developed. We've been having the same issue on the Joomla 3 version, and were hoping that this problem would go away with the new Joomla and CB versions.

On the front end of the website, users are able to log in and make their own changes to their profiles.

This poses a problem when you have less computer savvy members who need help with their profiles.

Suggestions?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #329493 by krileon
That typically means the form is being broken. Either by something rendered on the form, too many fields causing you to hit your servers input limit, or some behavior acting on Joomla or CB user store breaking. Do you have a large amount of fields? Are you rendering any custom HTML in profile edit via Custom HTML fields or other field types?

Within System > System Information > PHP Information what is max_input_vars set to? If 1000 or lower try increasing it to 1500 or so via php.ini.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329494 by WyomingArts
Replied by WyomingArts on topic Updating profiles from administrative area problem
Went through and checked everything out. PHP wasn't an issue.

Looked through the fields, and in the footer, I had created a "Back Button". Unpublished that item and it works fine now!

Thanks!

Any suggestion for a back button on a profile?

1 year 11 months ago #329495 by krileon
What is you back button supposed to be doing? What HTML did you supply in it? Profile edit already has a cancel button to go back to their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329497 by WyomingArts
Replied by WyomingArts on topic Updating profiles from administrative area problem
The back button was for front end navigation by visitors. So if they were viewing an artist's profile and wanted to go back to the list of all artists (instead of going up and using the browser's back arrow). Just trying to make navigation easier for visitors.

1 year 11 months ago #329500 by krileon
What was the HTML in the back button? A simple link should not conflict with backend profile edit form. You can also surround your custom HTML with the following so it only renders on profile.

[cb:if reason="profile"]
YOUR_HTML_HERE
[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn