comment on profile gallery item

1 year 11 months ago #329516 by AlanJones
comment on profile gallery item was created by AlanJones
I have a comment on a gallery item (music) added to a user profile. The comment shows up in the Activity feed then disappears on refresh.
I can see the comment in the gallery on my profile, but I can't react to it (like / reply). It would be best if it showed up in the activity feed.
I get an activity log that the user commented, but not the comment itself.

Any ideas?

CBAA - 9.0.0
CB - 2.7.2
J - 4.1.3

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #329519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comment on profile gallery item
What is the Asset of the comment within CB Activity > Comments?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329525 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic comment on profile gallery item
activity.[var1_activity].comment

Own Your Own Community!

1 year 11 months ago #329531 by krileon
Ok, it looks like the activity id isn't being replaced. When commenting on the photo are you commenting on the activity entry or on the photo directly in its modal window? Above you noted stable versions only. Please be sure you've latest build releases of everything installed as well to be sure you've all available fixes installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329536 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic comment on profile gallery item
The music is uploaded the the user profile gallery. That displays on the general Activity feed.
The comment is on the general activity feed.
[By general activity feed I mean a menu item CB Plugin > Activity > Recent Activity]

So the comment is on the activity entry.

Yes, all installs are up to date with latest releases and fixes.

Thank you!

Own Your Own Community!

1 year 11 months ago #329537 by krileon
Very strange. The asset for the comment should be attached to the media. For example commenting on an activity entry posted on my profile would have an asset of gallery.photos.PHOTO_ID for the comment. Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will take a look. Looks like maybe a configuration problem somewhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn