Problem getting Swedish language to take effect.

13 years 1 month ago #158356 by AlexSmirnov

CHCG wrote: ...I just sensed a certain interest on your behalf in previous posts.

You've somehow mistaken my passion and enthusiasm for a personal interest. Do apologize though if I've come across a tad pushy. Didn't mean to, really :)

CHCG wrote: I want to thank you sincerely for all your help.

Your most welcome and all the best with your site (and the Swedish plug-in remaining translation, bless it! :)

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #158374 by AlexSmirnov

krileon wrote: Custom field titles must be added to your language files in order for them to translate. I recommend using defines and not the cbteamplugins method for custom fields. For example your title would be _UE_MYFIELD1. Then in language file you'd translate as follows.

define( '_UE_MYFIELD1', 'This is my field.' );

Just curious: is this hustle really necessary?

I've just successfully created a new field by the "Text Field" type with the title, description and pre-filled default value (at registration only) in two languages without having to create a custom field:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

All done under the comfort of the CB admin GUI, without a line of custom coding. Isn't it what Christoffer is after?

Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

13 years 1 month ago #158379 by krileon
You could hardcode the language into the field title/description, yes. Adding to a language plugin allows each language plugin (suppose you have 3 different languages installed) to be swapped out based on users language selection. Just depends on your needs I guess.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158385 by AlexSmirnov
hmm... I thought he needed to display the newly created field title on both languages simultaneously, not per single language. Guess I was wrong there. Fair enough then (now having gotten his solution, he definitely owes us the full 1.4 Swedish plug-in, doesn't he? Just kidding! :cheer: ).

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158450 by CHCG
Thank you both for elaborating on the issue. I am now enlightened (I think):unsure: . And yes, I now feel obliged to provide the plugin :cheer: .

13 years 1 month ago #160109 by jansuhr
Any progress on this?

Is it available for download somewhere?

Isn't it time for a CB1.4 section in the language downloads?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn