[SOLVED] No visible buttons ...

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157525 by 1345_mehdi
[SOLVED] No visible buttons ... was created by 1345_mehdi
Hi All!
I have been very careful going through the installation instructions and installed my facebook plugin without any problems. Obtaining "ID, Key and secret" code also was not particularly difficult.

But unfortunately I can not get it to work.
As I see it is just a clickable white button under the login box. Clicking it will lead you to the right side up in facebook but when trying to log into,nothing happens more than you get to the start page!

I've looked very probably in your forum and got so much great information about similar problems but continued still have not managed to solve my problems through.
Please advice
Regards
Zeta:(

P.S.
installed plugin: 1.3
Status after installation and reconfiguration: unresolved B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No visible buttons ...
The CSS is not loading correctly, you've not provided CB or Joomla versions either. Have you tested with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting from within Joomla global configuration? Please see the help us help you FAQ at the below link, more information is needed.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

This is in response to your original thread, you HAVE the buttons, but you've something installed that is messing with the CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1345_mehdi

13 years 1 month ago #157547 by 1345_mehdi
Replied by 1345_mehdi on topic Re: No visible buttons ...
Hello!
I have now read your pointed at the help page and come back with the requested information:
I've also enabled debug mode and to use entry approved and given a link to further put forward to the member area, which in normal mode (non-debug mode) is not visible and therefore you feel still logged out!

I attach the debug results, too.

1. Exact PHP version: 5.2.12
2. Exact CB version: 1.4
3. Exact Joomla version 1.5
4. Detailed description of problem. (pls see ticket history)
5. Any error messages reported with Joomla debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum? YES
6. Any error messages reported with your hosts error log? NO
7. Any ACL modification components? (JACL, etc..). NO
8. Any SEF components? NO
9. Move or encrypt configuration.php? NO
10. Upgrade from CB version ?? or fresh install? FRESH
11. Migrated from Joomla version ?? or fresh install? FRESH
12. What browser is issue present in? Firefox
13. MYSQL version: 5.0.89-community

Kind regards
Zeta
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #157549 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157555 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and there was a number of issues. First you had a JS and CSS compression extension installed, extremely bad idea. I've disabled this system plugin CssJsCompress. This will corrupt ALL CSS and JS, suggesting you uninstall it.

Next you had the caching system plugin enabled, but caching disabled. This causes massive overhead to your site and for it to render cached inaccurate information. I've disabled the system plugin cache. This will disable all caching as site based caching is NOT recommend. The only cache you should ever use should be server side.

Finally you've a known conflict, poorly written, CB video plugin called cb.video. I've disabled this to eliminate it's fatal JS error.

With the above done I can see and use the FBC button perfectly fine with the message as follows.

"Your registration is not confirmed yet"

I receive the above because you have FBC configured to use CBs admin approval setting, which you've registrations to require approval so is behaving as expected. User will understand what is going on however as they receive the above message. It of course can't log them in with this configured. Edit FBC via parameters to disable admin approval for FBC users if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1345_mehdi

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157563 by 1345_mehdi
Replied by 1345_mehdi on topic Re: No visible buttons ... [SOLVED]
Why, look!:woohoo:
Everything now works ...
Thank you very much .....
You're the best.
Now I'm finally after two days hard work happy.:laugh:
Kind regards
Zeta