CB template plugins | copy default or create new ?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #160840 by pepperstreet
I did a lot of trial an error... and comparing. I really don´t know what is missing. I changed also the classnames you mentioned. I still get the same error messages. The first error is really strange: Start tag expected, '<' not found in...
My Editor is BBedit, and I don´t think that it is a document issue. I did not change any other character except for the word "default".

This is not a "Copy, Paste, Rename" task ;-)
Did any other user try this before? Please, i need some feedback.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #160898 by krileon
I've attached an exact replica of the Default template named Default 2 from CB 1.4. Please note I've no intentions of maintaining this file and will likely go out of date with each CB release. Have tested as working and installing correctly without error; you're welcome to make whatever additions felt necessary. Please note this contains ALL files from Default, which is typically not necessary for a CB template for example if only replacing CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #160950 by pepperstreet
Thank you very much for your time and efforts :-)
I am curious what is the difference to my attempts ;-) Will try it ASAP.
Works like a charm!

EDIT:
Important Info for OSX users. I unzipped the default2 folder and compressed it again without any changes. Guess what, the install does not work and I am back into the white screen of eternity :ohmy: :silly: :pinch: :sick: :unsure: :(

13 years 1 month ago #161005 by krileon

Important Info for OSX users. I unzipped the default2 folder and compressed it again without any changes. Guess what, the install does not work and I am back into the white screen of eternity

Known issues all over boards. OSX decompresses and re-compresses with _MACOSX folder causing a failed install. This will happen with any plugin, extension, etc.. as it appears to contain an XML file of some sort. No idea how to resolve it aside from deleting the folder inside the achieve after its re-compressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #161057 by pepperstreet
Funny, over the last 5 years with Joomla/OSX/MAMP I never had any problems with it ?! Thanks for the valuable hint. It was driving me nuts.

13 years 1 month ago #161098 by krileon
Doesn't happen all the time, last I heard is specific to Safari. I've really no idea as have never used anything beyond Windows. Not sure how to resolve it. Likely some kind of setting somewhere. If you find anything would be great to know for other users experiencing similar problems!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn