[#2913] Hidden profiles can be guessed and pulled via url

12 years 6 months ago #179107 by ignatius2
Thanks Kyle,

for some reason, I get the following message, whatever I enter in the redirect url field (e.g. index.php?option=com_comprofiler):

"Auto Action failed to save! Error: URL not specified!"

and I cannot save the form.

FYI, I set user to "automatic" and Access to "everybody"... I am not sure if this is correct.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179152 by krileon

Confirmed bug, will be reviewing fixing for next release (likely today).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2888

FYI, I set user to "automatic" and Access to "everybody"... I am not sure if this is correct.

Yes, that's fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #179154 by krileon

krileon wrote:

Confirmed bug, will be reviewing fixing for next release (likely today).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2888

Further review found no issue so unsure why you're experiencing this. Please ensure type is set to Redirect and you supplied a URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179396 by ignatius2
Thanks Kyle,

Unfortunately, it is not working... Whatever I tried.

here are my settings:

Published: Yes
Type: Redirect
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileDisplay
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: [cb:userdata field="cb_accountnumber" user="#displayed" /] Equal to [cb:userdata field="cb_accountnumber" user="#me" /]
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler
Exclude: 76

result => Auto Action failed to save! Error: URL not specified!

(1) Tried with www.google.com with ot without or http:// but got the same error.

(2) I tried with very simple conditions to see if the content of the "conditional fields" was wrong, to no avail:

Conditional: [cb_accountnumber] Not Empty
or
Conditional: [email] Not Empty

(3) I reset permissions to 777 for the entire site, also to no avail...

(4) All my site and PHP settings are pretty standard.

(5) I tried Joomla debug mode... but there does not seem to be any mention of error there.

What else could I try?

Thanks

John

12 years 6 months ago #179465 by krileon
No idea what to advise unless you've something installed that is intercepting the POST and stripping parameters, which is very possible for a Joomla system plugin or CB plugin to do. I recommend disabling non-core Joomla system plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. If not resolved then repeat with CB plugins. Please provide Joomla version, CB version, and PHP version.

The way the model based setup works is the models configuration is stored into params of the action object, it then trys to validate that. For one reason or another that storage is failing either due to absent POST content (have Firebug for Firefox open and monitor the NET tab for the POST during save) or something is stopping the params from being stored to the object.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179675 by ignatius2
Thanks Kyle,

I disabled ALL my Joomla system plugins first, and then all my CB plugins, to no avail.

I am using CB 1.7 on a Joomla! Version 1.5.23 and PHP 5.3.3.

Firebug / Net indicates that an error 304 is happening somewhere.

Below is another attachment. Please advise if you want me to post more Firebug details (answer, etc.)

Thanks

John
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn